Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TELL me this fedora went to YOU!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Even though he's gone, his posts contain the link to his photos. I have no idea which of the hats posted, if it's any of them, is the one discussed in this thread.
click

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
See the FAQ for general guidelines. Not abiding by the house rules can result in a suspension.

It seems to me that the relevant guidline is below. And I don't see anything about 'suspension' in the FAQs. Does 'locking things down' mean suspension? Or is there more to it than that? I ask only to clarify for myself how problem children are identified, and what range of corrective mechanisms are applied by the editorial council before suspension. As to the first, I can only assume that something like Potter Stewart's Casablanca test is applied. As to the second, I haven't a clue.

I don't know how 'well-reasoned or good-natured' I am, but I loathe petty flame wars and see public attempts to belittle others as silly and worse than useless. One of the things that I do appreciate about this delightful Forum is that so very little of this sort of immature behavior is on display.

Conduct expected of members:
Members are expected to treat each other and the Bartenders with respect. For the most part, this is not a problem, as the vast majority of our members are well-reasoned, good-natured adults. However, there may be times when a Bartender has to step in and stop a ruckus (delete/edit posts), or lock things down to allow a "cooling off" period. If you believe that you have been treated unfairly, take it up with the Bartender in a private message ( PM). If the Bartender's response does not satisfy you, you may take it up with MK, the Guy in Charge.

Feraud

Bartender
zetwal said:
I don't know how 'well-reasoned or good-natured' I am, but I loathe petty flame wars and see public attempts to belittle others as silly and worse than useless. One of the things that I do appreciate about this delightful Forum is that so very little of this sort of immature behavior is on display.
I feel the same way. :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, zetwal. "Lock...down" is when they actually stop a thread from going further. An icon with a padlock and the word "CLOSED" appears and no more posts can happen until that is removed by a bartender - and sometimes it remains locked for good.

I don't know if suspension or banning is explained in detail anywhere but I believe it is the preserve of administrators on any site such as this.

Hopefully I'll never wear the 'Dunce Cap of Shame'.

:)

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Section:

"What is the policy regarding free speech?"

"If the Bartenders and MK feel that you are abusing the rules you may be suspended for a time. If you continue to cause trouble your membership will be revoked."

Section:

"User Titles"

"Suspended: A member who is barred from the club."

This is your brain and this is your brain at The Fedora Lounge....any questions?[huh]

Dunce_Cap.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112