Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I think they said the same thing about the famous "Murder, She Wrote" series. The number of crimes that happened in Jessica Fletcher's home town made it some ridiculously high percentage higher than even the most crime-riddled city in the country/world at the time.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
In fairness to Jessica, she was somewhat of a traveler and solved crimes in other places

One place I won't go is where they set the series Midsommer Massacres. That place is dangerous

Mojito

One Too Many
Any other Antipodeans going to High Tea with Kerry Greenwood at Eynesbury Homestead on the 6th October to celebrate the launch of the latest Phryne Fisher book? I'll be Charlestoning along with a few friends...

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
The first episode of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries", Series 2, was on telly last night.

I reckon it was pretty cool. Certainly up to the old standard, although the ending for me, left a bit to be desired.

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
I loved it - but felt like there should have been more story at the end? But maybe they were setting it up for later on? It seemed like it just sort of ended...it didn't seem to wrap up as nicely. I don't know. It was still wonderful. Can't wait for next week.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I agree. Like I said, I felt the ending lacked something. Like it was...incomplete or something. It left me hanging. That's basically my only criticism.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
It's a cliffhanger! The box is still missing. What does the Police Commissioner have to do with it? He was pretty keen to have his deputy arrested and charged, wasn't he? Who else is compromised by what's in the box?

So many questions that need to be answered. Cliffhangers are never entirely satisfying, we will have to wait and see.

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
That's what I thought - but it didn't feel like a cliffhanger normally does...if that makes sense.

It didn't feel like a cliffhanger, but it didn't seem resolved either. That's what made it feel like an odd ending to me.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It didn't say it was a two-parter or anything. That kinda threw me off. If it was clearly labeled as Part One of Two, then that'd be pretty neat. But as it was, it just kinda sliced everything off at the end and you sit there going "Uhm...what?"

Next week better have a part-2 thing.

Talbot

One Too Many
You got me there Shangas, one of the ABC's I think. I just scroll through the free to air channel list and there it was.

They were flogging it heavily on TV in Thailand when I was there last week as it is a combined ABC/HBO Asia production.

A private detective series set in Singapore in the early 60's. Hopefully it will do the time and place justice - lots of directions to take the storyline.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699780/

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a few guys posting in the Outerwear forum, Cookie still pops up when there are threads about shoes in General Attire and Accoutrements, and Smithy's working and living in Norway for a bit. I haven't seen Dr Greg posting here for ages.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I don't seem to have the time any more. I was spending waaay too much time here a while ago. There is a Facebook thread, but it's pretty patchy. Any Melbourne members? We should have a meet up, it's been years since the last one

tuppence

Practically Family
Only the men left @Benny Holiday. I hope Smithy is having warmer weather than Melbourne.
I never made it to the last one Mike. I did like the Fedora Lounge page on FB, but I don't see much from that either. A get together sounds good, I couldn't make it to the last one, but it would be a very quiet affair unless we can get more people motivated :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto