Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BANTAM Bar

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Bar's open! For those who have Stetson Bantams and want to show 'em off at the counter. Dinerman, jamespowers's wife, besdor, and other Bantam owners ... place yer orders!

Here's my Stetson Bantam:

evenmorehats008.jpg

MarcChevaliersVintageHats013.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yeah, here's the out of focus, bad color rendition, very dark ebay shot of the one I got. supposedly it's green.
a716_1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The ads I've seen say they're lightweight.
From what I can find, they were introduced in 1934, along with the Open Road, Playboy, etc. Big year for stetson hats I guess.
The next ad I could find was from '66, but it looks a lot different; stiiiingy
bantam1934.jpg

bantam2.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What are the specs of the Bantam as compared to the Stratoliner? The ribbon is a bit wider, looks like a narrower brim.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Sorry, no.

The interior is unlined. The Stetson crest and the gothic lettered words "Royal Stetson" are stenciled in greyish white directly onto the felt at the top of the inner crown. The saddle brown leather sweatband has the Stetson logo with the words "John B. Stetson Company" underneath. To the right of that, it says "Royal Stetson Bantam."

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'll see if the seller has already packed it up. If not, I'll see if they'd be kind enough to send along a picture.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wow! That is one sharp looking hat there Marc. Would the photo of you wearing it be a closer color to the real deal? I like the blueish hue to the grey in that shot.:eusa_clap

Dinerman: I can't wait to see what you got, the e-bay photo doesn't seem to do it any justice. Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking hats gents. Alas, the Bantam is one type that I do not have....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points