Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Stallion

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I really dug trhis movie as a kid. I just saw it again recently and it was still pretty entertaining. I've never read the book, but in the movie, A boy gets shipwrecked on a desert island in the Med with a black arabian horse. Soon after winning the horse's trust they are rescued and return back to the US, where with the help of a retired horse trainer, enter a match race with other two champion racehorses.
Anyway, I'm not here to write a movie review, this the PROPS section! Shortly before being shipwrecked the boy's father gives him a pearl handled "trapper" style pocketknife and a small black statuette of the horse of Alexander the Great.
theblackstatue.JPG

I think it would be pretty slick to display this statuette with a similar knife. Anyone ever see a statuette like this?

retroprops

New in Town
I started a sculpt on this piece last year and ran out of steam on it. I have to make myself get it done.

Here’s a pic:
bshorse.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto