Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hello lovers of Borsalino.
In a time of troubles and changes for the Antica Casa di Alessandria I will introduce you a piece of its history.
With the help of Kuki (Cristina) who sincerely thank for her alert on eBay I bought this piece of what I think to be a piece of furniture of an old hat shop
309oe2d.jpg

This is the extent reproduction, almost real, the same "trophy" that contains all the medals won by Giuseppe Borsalino factory from 1857 until 1939. It is an oval whose 59x46 size makes it nice as a reminder of a golden time for the Italian hatters.
The original can see in the photos that Steve (mayserwagener) did a year ago, when together, we visited the Borsalino.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
In a time of troubles and changes for the Antica Casa di Alessandria I will introduce you a piece of its history.
With the help of Kuki (Cristina) who sincerely thank for her alert on eBay I bought this piece of what I think to be a piece of furniture of an old hat shop
309oe2d.jpg

This is the extent reproduction, almost real, the same "trophy" that contains all the medals won by Giuseppe Borsalino factory from 1857 until 1939. It is an oval whose 59x46 size makes it nice as a reminder of a golden time for the Italian hatters.
The original can see in the photos that Steve (mayserwagener) did a year ago, when together, we visited the Borsalino.

Congrats that is a great remembrance of that era. Eric -

309oe2d.jpg

Daniele, Super! Props to Cristina! It's similar to this one at Borsalino (from our visit) but I think gold is more impressive.

24636931311_930bfd49dc_b.jpg

Last edited:
309oe2d.jpg

Wow! Impressive, Daniele. I agree with Steve, the gold is striking. Are they "real" coins? Not necessarily gold, but metal coins? That would look nice in any location.

Congratulations! And a hat tip to Cristina!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Congrats that is a great remembrance of that era. Eric -

Daniele, Super! Celia is an amazing researcher! It's similar to this one at Borsalino (from our visit) but I think gold is more impressive.

24636931311_930bfd49dc_b.jpg

Wow! Impressive, Daniele. I agree with Steve, the gold is striking. Are they "real" coins? Not necessarily gold, but metal coins? That would look nice in any location.

Congratulations! And a hat tip to Cristina!

Wow,both pieces are wonderful finds.
Thanks for your appreciation
The medals are a thin "golden" metal.
It is very shining piece of forniture from an old shop.
It came from Germany, but there is no other indications.
I will find a place on the walls of my studio ;)
Cristina deserves a special thanks and a gift when she will be in Italy

Tonio

A-List Customer
309oe2d.jpg

That's a beautiful item! Congrats!

hatguysz

New in Town
Where can I purchase such a piece?

309oe2d.jpg

Last edited:
309oe2d.jpg

This is truly beautiful Daniele. It would be fun to research each of these medals and see what style of hat won the award.

This is truly beautiful Daniele. It would be fun to research each of these medals and see what style of hat won the award.
The companies usually displayed a series of hats (Stiff Felts, Soft Felts, Silk Top Hats, ect.). I have some reports from Austrian hat companies.

1900 Paris Grand Prix Report by Peter Habig founder of P. & C. Habig Wien - Berlin (This was the big one!)
http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/5-p-c-habig-hutfabrik/page-4#entry711

Report on the World Exposition in Philadelphia in 1876, Given by the Austrian Commission for the World Exposition in Philadelphia in 1876 Hats of Fur Felt and Silk, By Carl Hückel Partner of the Johann Hückel´s Söhne in Neutitshein (Very poor translation due to dialect issues)

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6-johann-hückel´s-söhne-hückel-hutfabrik-weilheim/page-9#entry1077

I believe there are some American reports mentioned here of Expos. I haven't seen any photographs of collections.

International Exhibition, 1876 By United States Centennial Commission

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...d-states-centennial-commission/?hl=centennial

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
309oe2d.jpg

Congratulations....Extraordinary!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points