Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Sorry... I missed your earlier post and challenge. Yes, the metals are in the color position (rather than model code) - most of the colors names I have found translation for... except Monlov. ;^) I have owned many of the metals. Always loved Bismuth. Here is Palladium:

pocket7.jpg

pocket3.jpg

pocket8.jpg

Sorry... I missed your earlier post and challenge. Yes, the metals are in the color position (rather than model code) - most of the colors names I have found translation for... except Monlov. ;^) I have owned many of the metals. Always loved Bismuth. Here is Palladium:

pocket7.jpg

pocket3.jpg

pocket8.jpg
Lovely shade Alan. The fabric sweat is a nice feature.

pocket7.jpg

pocket3.jpg

pocket8.jpg
Beautiful colour, Alan. It's one of those hats that came in a litlle box isn't it? Haven't seen that colour before. Very nice.

This would be a nice subject for the Side by Side Hat Comparison thread... with hat colors portrayed under the same lighting conditions. I could add a few more (plumbeo comes to mind) but looking through my photo archive I find I've done a spotty job recording the manufacturing labels over the years. Especially on older hats that I no longer own. Shame on me!

This would be a nice subject for the Side by Side Hat Comparison thread... with hat colors portrayed under the same lighting conditions. I could add a few more (plumbeo comes to mind) but looking through my photo archive I find I've done a spotty job recording the manufacturing labels over the years. Especially on older hats that I no longer own. Shame on me!
That is a very good idea Alan. I still have most of my metal coloured hats. I can put them together in one shot. I'll do that as soon as possible. Haven't seen a plumbeo before by the way.

One of the rare metals, in English, Ruthenium, in Borsalino palette, somewhere between Palladium and Bismuth.

ruthenium-crystal.jpg

borsopiuma2.jpg

borsopiuma11.jpg

borsopiuma10.jpg

and the not so rare Plumbeo:

lead2.jpg

castoro3.jpg

castoro7.jpg

castoro11.jpg
Both of them wonderful hats, Alan. I especially like the plumbeo homburg; looks to be in pristine shape. Great additions. I'll post my own rutenio later. One of the hats I received today turned out to be a palladio, so I can add that colour to my metal workshop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21