Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Rank and File

deanglen said:
I think Douglas could form a rival gang or be declared "Il Padrino segundo" with his submissions for membership. Moustache could be "consigiliere"! dean

The LT's are know as the CAPO De Regime, Clemenza and Tessio were Capos in the Godfather's Family.

4 or more Borsalinos makes you a Capo.

The one with the most Borsalinos is Capo di tutti Capi or Boss of Bosses!

I only have one Borsalino, I am only a soldier or "Button man" in the ranks.

"When the boss says to push a button on guy, I push a button."

moustache

Practically Family
And...

moustache said:
My initiation into the Brotherhood consists of the following Borsas:

1-Borsalino Homburg-6-7/8 and in mint condition.The label says it was custom for a man named James in Belgium.Hmmm.Thats my name.
Homburg2.jpg

2-Borsalino grey-6-7/8-.My most frequently worn hat.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

3-Borsalino light green/brown(i have heard both opinions)6-7/8

small21.jpg

4-Borsalino Gruppa Doria tweed-6-7/8-Goes very well with my Harris Tweed jackets!!

3-color.jpg

5--Borsalino Gruppa Doria tweed cap-yet another good tweed

colorcap.jpg

The last two are before i trimmed the moustache!!!

I want to buy more Borsalinos but am running out of room in this apartment!!!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa

I forgot one: here is the first Borsalino i purchased a few years back.it is a short brim dark brown Sinatra style.
smallbrownborsa1.jpg

I don't wear it but wanted to include it.
So,with my collection,where do i rate in the Brotherhood????[huh]

JD

A Lieutenant or CAPO

Does it count if it isn't a fur felt?

Well you do have 4 fur felts so you are at least a Capo di regime, or a lieutenant in the Borsalino Brotherhood and get to run a crew of up to 15 soldiers or button men. Rememeber you gotta be an earner and keep your crew happy and in line.

moustache

Practically Family
Splendid!!!

John in Covina said:
Does it count if it isn't a fur felt?

Well you do have 4 fur felts so you are at least a Capo di regime, or a lieutenant in the Borsalino Brotherhood and get to run a crew of up to 15 soldiers or button men. Rememeber you gotta be an earner and keep your crew happy and in line.

Yes! Four fur felts it is indeed!! The tweeds don't count normally,i know.
Considering i'm Italian/swiss, i think i can handle the crew. But we might be neutral on some issues lol

JD

spiridon

A-List Customer
For your consideration.....

.....and application into the "Borsalino Brotherhood":

An old "beater" Rapallo....

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

My first acquisition, a "san Remo"....

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

Another "San Remo"....

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

And my Favorite, a "Pesca"...

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Here is a very very early Borsalino. As we know Borsalino brags about the Grand Prix Paris 1900 award. This one has Grand prix Turin 1911, and a different company logo from standard. Now i think this is from 1912 or so because they are bragging the 1911 win. by the late 20s they were back to bragging the 1900 win. This is my favourite hat ... A little damage to the ribbon, but that doesn't bother me.

Mongrel2.jpg
Mongrel10.jpg

Mongrel5.jpg

bk

ledsled

One of the Regulars
My big belly, as in silver and Borsalino...

This is my first posting attempting pictures from a server, so if it doesn't work, you'll know why! Duane (aka "thefedorastore") is letting me borrow some of his storage space since I purchased this from him. Thanks!

Two things struck me upon opening the hat box when it arrived. It was the first time I saw a Borsalino in person. 1. - Holy cow that hat is REALLY TALL, and 2. - This hat will go into ANY shape I want it to! I have read endless raves about how they are like butter, etc., but it takes some getting used to when they are so amazingly soft and easily shaped.

Without further ado, I'll attempt to post the photos. If you have any idea about it's age, let me know. I suspect it might be from the 1960's, but I really don't know.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
not eye candy tonight!

Oh well, I'll have to give it another try another day.....

ledsled

One of the Regulars

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ledsled, Christmas seems to have come early for you.Three hats all at the same time, I am jealous. That borsalino is mighty fine. You're lucky to have found so many in your size.:eusa_clap

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
You guys are way ahead of me, I'm still looking for my first real Borsalino.
I made the rookie mistake a while ago and bought a new Traveler. Does that count ?
I do have a nice Marathon. How about Marathon Men ?

ledsled

One of the Regulars
It's all smoke & mirrors!

DOUGLAS said:
Ledsled, Christmas seems to have come early for you.Three hats all at the same time, I am jealous. That borsalino is mighty fine. You're lucky to have found so many in your size.:eusa_clap

Don't be jealous, as I did not get them all at once. It's been months, stretching into years of obsessions and trickery! Timing the deliveries and then rushing home to get the box before anyone else is around.... then hiding the hat in a safe place and introducing it's existence at just the right time.... and let's not mention the budgetary manipulations.... so what's an overdue utility bill as we approach the winter months? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points