Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tommy Fedora said:
You guys are way ahead of me, I'm still looking for my first real Borsalino.
I made the rookie mistake a while ago and bought a new Traveler. Does that count ?
I do have a nice Marathon. How about Marathon Men ?

There is a "Marathon Club". Check with RBH, he's a member.

dean

DOUGLAS

Smoke and mirrors are fine if you are happy with the hats.When all else is gone at the very least you will have a few great hats to keep the rain from your brow.;)

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Hats do comfort one

DOUGLAS said:
Smoke and mirrors are fine if you are happy with the hats.When all else is gone at the very least you will have a few great hats to keep the rain from your brow.;)

I have to admit that besides enjoying the appearance of the hats, each one feels unique, and does provide comfort in this often harsh world.

Razzman

One Too Many
Consideration into the Borsalino Brotherhood

I would like to submit this Borsalino for your consideration into the Borsalino Brotherhood.

a>
I would like to submit the following Borsalino for consideration into the Brotherhood.
a>

a>

a>

moustache

Practically Family
Ok fellas

What do we need to do for a more solid "club" or "brotherhood"??
Someone up for leading the charge in starting the real thing???

And another question:

Are any of you Italian or Sicilian by descent?
I'm half Italian and half Swiss. My fathers side is Italian and they had the former last name of Geraleti.Changed it in the early 20th century to disconnect any Mafioso ties to italian names.
Most likely from southern Italy or maybe Palermo,Sicily.

Would love to see responses from The Borsalino Brotherhood!!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa

DamselNDistress

New in Town
30s Boraslino from Bulgaria Tip

I bought my husband one of those Borsalinos from Bulgaria after I read good comments on this board. The hat is beautiful. I found the tag inside and if the numbering scheme theory is correct, it was made in 1934. It has the acetate protective lining, so that was another reassurance that the hat really is old. Just a tip--the seller on Ebay had a high Buy It Now price (about half of what a new Borsalino would cost). Since the hat is old, but never used, I would consider that to be a good price. I decided to test to see how low the Buyer would go, so I offered half of his Buy It Now price. I was shocked--he accepted it! Anyway we love the hat. BTW, the sizes seem small because they are French sizes. I bought a 5 1/2, which is equivalent to a 7 1/8 US size. I also found out from browsing the Internet that the British 7 1/8 is equivalent to a US 7 1/4. So hat sizes can be confusing if you don't know where they were originally sold.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
OK, I'd like to get in. Here's my Borsalina Trionfo in Midnight blue, with the brim cut down from the original 4" to 2 3/4". I show exterior and interior (this hat was unworn when I got it).

Borsalino-3.jpg

Borsalinoliner-1.jpg

Note that Benecraft hats was the importer - so I believe I owe thanks to Besdor for this hat entering the country.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Wow, that's lovely.

Moustache, my mother's ancestors came from Sicily. Her mother's family are from a little town called Alia, about 45 minutes into the mountains by train from Palermo. The priest in the town, Fr. Taulli, is a relative.

He has no recollection or record of my grandfather's side of the family, DeSalvo. What little he knows or is willing to admit is that they likely lived out in the mountains and not in town.

spiridon

A-List Customer
Borsalino at "The Game"

Here's my Daughter and I at the Bama/LSU game a few weeks ago......the hat and my "date" were great! :D ......my team wasn't :eusa_doh: :(

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1523.jpg

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
John, looks like the two of you had fun no matter the score. I go through Tuscaloosa a couple times a year on my way to Atlanta and back. In fact many times we stop at the Krystal there just off of I-20. Growing up in Atlanta and not having one were we live, its kind of a treat.
Here is my newest Borso, proudly modeled by Mr. Bones.

MVC-812F.jpg

MVC-813F.jpg

spiridon

A-List Customer
DOUGLAS said:
Beautiful Jon,the hat and your daughter!!

Thanks Douglas. She has definitely had "Dad" wrapped around her little finger for many years now!:D

Hey Bud......Love the lines of that Borsy!!! You know it's a great hat when it makes even "Mr. Bones" look ALIVE!:D :eusa_clap

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Borsalinos!

Dinerman said:
doesn't pesca mean fish?
Pesca means "peach," which refers to the feel of the felt.

Well, I'm not Italian, but here I am in Rome wearing a vintage Borsalino:

By the Pantheon:

Here is my 1930s Borsalino on my roofdeck:

Borsalino%20Roof.jpg

The same hat on The Queen Mary:

My Gray beater Borsalino on The Queen Mary with my very good friend binkmeister:

This is the hat that I stuffed in my luggage! I have since steamed it back into tip top shape. ;)

Dixon Cannon

Posted elsewhere....

...this is a self-portrait taken in a mirror. I'm wearing my fawn Borsalino Alessandria and my cloth A2. Not too bad for flash in a mirror, huh!? This is the hat with the Howard Hughes "Spirit of the 1939 World's Fair", Lockheed Electra airplane pin. Lot's of comments on that!
JoeSelf.jpg

-dixon cannon

DOUGLAS

This is my newest older model. I really like this hat. It has a velvety finish and great proportions. It fits like a glove too. I love when that happens. it is not pristine but it works for me.
DSCN4292.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4291.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4289.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4290.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4285.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4288.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4257.jpg
[/IMG]
This hat has an old world charm about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112