Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
rcinlv said:
JtL and JT: thanks for the kind words. It is indeed a lovely hat, nearly flawless and nearly unworn (I don't think that the previous owner wore it at all). Just one small moth nibble in the back (less than 1/16"). Bought it on the bay about a year ago, and given the economies of time, it was a great deal...

Cheers,

RC

Well, that is one of the all-time great Stetson hats. A true classic. For you to find one in that condition is just an incredible bit of good luck. Wear it in good health!

Cheers,
JtL

Atomic Glee

Practically Family

schanop

New in Town
Very handsome, Atomic Glee, the hat, the suit and the man. Would you call your suit the 30's style? I remember seeing something similar in form over at the 30's style.

I will make my appliation for The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon one day.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
I posted this picture in another thread earlier today, and looking at it, was wondering if this might qualify me for membership in the "Brotherhood Of The Thin Ribbon"???

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I don't know...

We may need a ruling from the rules committee. :D I think what you've got there is a "mid-ribbon," Barry -- probably about an inch wide, I'd guess. But, I yield to the founding member of the Brotherhood. You'll notice that, over time, his definition of "thin ribbon" has expanded...;)

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
But, I yield to the founding member of the Brotherhood. You'll notice that, over time, his definition of "thin ribbon" has expanded...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Hey whats all the hub-ub,,, bub!!!!lol
I have you know I broke out my Campdraft today. AND I bid on a sweet looking Strat.. but some guy that bids on every thin ribbon that comes along beat me out.[huh]

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X

Thought it might be time to dust off this thread -- it's been a while. Man, there are some great lids here. :)

Here is a Stetson 3X that just arrived this week in mint, open-crown condition. This one has a western-style thin ribbon and is a beautiful ivory color. I love the feel of this felt -- substantial and smooth. The liner features the embroidered "Last Drop from His Stetson" scene.

OpenCrown-10.jpg

Liner-8.jpg

3X-1.jpg

3XTop.jpg

3XFront.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Thought it might be time to dust off this thread -- it's been a while. Man, there are some great lids here. :)

Here is a Stetson 3X that just arrived this week in mint, open-crown condition. This one has a western-style thin ribbon and is a beautiful ivory color. I love the feel of this felt -- substantial and smooth. The liner features the embroidered "Last Drop from His Stetson" scene.

OpenCrown-10.jpg

Liner-8.jpg

3X-1.jpg

3XTop.jpg

3XFront.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Fantastic!!!! I like that style ribbon!!! Great job on the crease!!! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member