Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking very good! Mr. Lucky, both my caps are BCF, and aren't they nice? Truly a working man's headgear. Fatdutchman, the cap and jacket looks woks, doesn't? On anyone, which is why I like that combo. Matt, glad you posted in this thread as well! Pat, we do hope you get a shot for us, love to see it, and just tell, "Give back my cap, now, because I brought you into this world, and I can..";)

dean

Razzman

One Too Many
B! Wear Brown Herringbone Cap

a>

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I've got one of those too... and I just ordered another one (black/white herringbone) from B!Wear earlier this week!

For the price, Brett's caps offer very nice materials/construction and have plenty of style...

K

kpreed

My Newsboy

My newsboy cap, for when it is extremely windy here and much for my everyday fedora. Normally windy here from Jan.1-Dec. 31 on most years.
Photo7.jpg

deanglen

Lou, even with a centered panel, that cap has great shape! It also looks a lot heavier duty than my BCF (Budget Caps & Fedoras;) ) caps, which makes me want to save up for a few B Wears. Kpreed, nice moody shot of your great looking cap. Thanks to both of you for posting

dean

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I bought a nice Stetson at Bencraft Hatters in Brooklyn last spring, and almost as an afterthought grabbed a nice Irish made tweed cap. Only after wearing it several times did I realize it had 6 sections instead of the usual 8. I still wear it, and enjoy it. And my girlfriend says it's one of her favorites of my hats. But the 6 section thing makes it sit a little oddly on my head. I'll post pics this evening if I get a chance.
I also have a good winter cap, made in England, that's made of sheerling, with earflaps that fold inside. It's superwarm, Pics of that later, also.

Razzman

One Too Many
I have another B! Wear in solid Gray. I love the eight panel caps.
I have been to the local BCF and been shut out again. I guess I'll have to make the stop once a week.

Feraud

Bartender
Razzman, how do you like the suede sweatbands in the Bwear caps?

I find it somewhat hard to adjust the hat on my head. The suede grips my head too much!

Feraud

Bartender
deanglen said:
I'd like to know, too!

dean
My next cap has to have a leather sweat!

I was just at a store that sells Hanna hats. I was so temped to buy their brown herringbone cap. Stupid me passed it up... :eusa_doh:

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I don't have a camera at the moment so I'm using old shots from my old camera.

I asked a friend who had a vintage clothing business to keep an eye open for Taylor hats or caps, as I'd seen these ads in some old magazines.

PB090257.jpg
PB090236.jpg

(Hey, who couldn't use an extra $20 per day.)

She remembered the Taylor aurally when she came across these Tailored Caps... I think she got them on Ebay, and they may have been posted here in another context. I bought a few from her, though they are far too small for me.

PB090255.jpg

All 8 panel caps from the late 20s or early 30s, all NOS, mint, unworn condition.

A Blue-grey (again, pics are stinky, colour is off, sorry)
PB090253.jpg

A brown-grey crescent weave
PB090249.jpg

And my favourite, a brown- tan herringbone with blue-grey windowpane check
PB090242.jpg
PB090241.jpg

All are Tailored Caps
PB090240.jpg

Adjustable using this rather fancy buckle
PB090238.jpg

All are also tiny (I have nothing to say about "the myth"), no larger than a 7 when fully extended, and probably best looking at a slightly tighter adjustment than that. I think they may have been childrens or "young men's" wear.

Anyway, there they are.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
they're from the same seller as the bottom one i posted. Same maker. great for my head!

bk

If you ever visit Toronto I'll give you one.

Edited to add: or if I ever visit the land of white van exhaust fumes etc.

deanglen

Jake! My word, those are astounding examples of the golden cap era. Great! Feraud, would B Wear put a leather sweat in, if asked? Big Sleep, your offering is so tough looking, only wish so much of it was hidden in noir shadows!

dean

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
About Hanna caps ...

How does everyone like them?
If this is the same company I keep finding that sells on eBay, they look like decent quality for the price. Sure it's not leather sweat and satin lining, but for $20-30 it doesn't seem so bad ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk