Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Colt3840

New in Town
Based on those photos, I'd guess Hat People's Full Cut will drape similarly to your B!Wear caps. I've been hesitant to order from B!Wear because I don't care for the narrow brim they favor, but I've since seen quite a few of their caps with what I consider to be a "normal" width brim for a flat cap, so I might have to reconsider.

West Whittier here, about a mile south of the southernmost part of Rose Hills Cemetery. :D

I was was also hesitant seeing other loungers pic's of the brim that is why I went with "Rocky" as suggested by Brett, it has brim size I was looking for and the drape is really nice.

West Whittier here, about a mile south of the southernmost part of Rose Hills Cemetery. :D[/QUOTE]

Heck! were neighbors!:) I am often over in those parts for work I will need to keep an eye out for a dapper fellow sporting a cap or fedora!:D

So many hats not enough time!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Great posts here of late! Nice to see new faces cappin' it up.

I want to thank Dostioffsky for posting the cap images from the Gemeentemuseum! I'm keen to try and make that design...

See ya round, fellas!

Luis

One of the Regulars
Jaxon Cotton Newsboy
got it on sale for $12 free ship.
Not vintage but one of my favorites, just shows you that you don't have to shell out $$$$ for a good lookin lid.
20160120_085617.jpg

20160120_085938 - Copy.jpg

20160109_150713 - Copy.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of Hat People caps. The are basic an serviceable cap's. Nothing to get excited about. But before Johnny J started making caps we didn't have many choices. [emoji3] I am very picky about caps and want leather sweatbands and good bills with the proper length. I am not a fan of the mushroom cap or ones with big buttons on top.
8bff180a20c3749f70d892214dedf95d.jpg
81e61443fd2c959f51c3cd429c400ea7.jpg
5f2ebcf12f717fde95b305ca0e3f3225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt3840

New in Town
I have a couple of Hat People caps. The are basic an serviceable cap's. Nothing to get excited about. But before Johnny J started making caps we didn't have many choices.
emoji3.png
I am very picky about caps and want leather sweatbands and good bills with the proper length. I am not a fan of the mushroom cap or ones with big buttons on top.

Is the second picture also a "Hat People" cap? Also are those the full or extra full cut's?

Thanks

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
These are all Johnny's cap's and ones I wear everyday to work.
I was Johnny's sounding board for cos when he started and we are really hard core cap wearers.
Most caps I see people wear I would not even put on my head. The bill of the cap has to be at least 5 inches and the crown has to be 10.5 inches so that I can cock the cap. I a cap sitting square on ones head looks silly to be. One must have an attitude when wearing a fine vintage style cap.
Because you will draw attention to yourself by just wearing a great cap. An you must own it. [emoji3]

Last edited:
These are all Johnny's cap's and ones I wear everyday to work.
I was Johnny's sounding board for cos when he started and we are really hard core cap wearers.
Most caps I see people wear I would not even put on my head. The bill of the cap has to be at least 5 inches and the crown has to be 10.5 inches so that I can cock the cap. I a cap sitting square on ones head looks silly to be. One must have an attitude when wearing a fine vintage style cap.
Because you will draw attention to yourself by just wearing a great cap. An you must own it. [emoji3]

Does Johnny Jay have a website?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko