Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Chap" magazine

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Was watching a Thin Man movie today and heard the remark, "you look like a page out of Esquire". I think in today's society that would be an insult. I look forward to the day when someone tells me that I, "look like a page out of The Chap Magazine."

I like their sense of humor, something that is... well just is lost completely in Esquire. In their attempts to amuse their readers, they lose their sartorial crowd. Hard to explain exactly how here, but let's just say that when i look at those issues of Esquire in its early years, you see a definite link between sartorial style and intelligent writing. Now you don't. The Chap has that link to looks and attitude that Esquire lost.

Here's to The Chap.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
As if their recent activism wasn't enough, when I saw their most recent back issue features Adam Ant, I knew I wanted it. As soon as my new job starts, I think this is going to be my first (second? first?) real magazine subscription.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I subscribe. The humour isn't quite as cutting as it used to be but it remains a good source of information on some obscure topics.

Furthermore, if you look closely on the front cover of this issue (on the right hand side, just by the striped blazer sleeve) is my son.
He's the small one in the black three piece suit:
ConalOlympics.jpg

You've got to subscribe to an magazine that's had your child on the front cover!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
don't subscribe but buy every issue, currently trying to buy up some back issues....I suppose I ought to subscribe really for the magazines future security it's gotta be the best way!

I've just last week dumped a years worth of The Chap onto my dentist for patients to leaf through whilst waiting. I didn't think anyone here would have wanted them.
Sorry Chaps..! Just didn't think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points