Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Creative Crease Collection

Chinaski

One Too Many
This one needs to be in here...

8731341.jpg

I believe this one was originally posted by Scott F.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Mario said:
I remember that your attempt at bashing the crown like that was triggered by a thread I started about the 1930's version of The Maltese Falcon. Right?
Right. The 1931 version. And Bolthead, it's the second picture I remember. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Saratoga Bash

The front looks pretty conventional:
hat4.jpg

Side view:
hat3.jpg

Top View:
hat1.jpg

Back view sort of looks like the front:
hat2.jpg

You need a very lightweight "handkerchief" type felt to pull this off. I'm not sure it can be steamed into heavier felt. Also a tall crown. This dobbs has about a 6" crown and a 2 3/8" brim.

I also think, IMHO, that unconventional bashes like these may draw younger people to fedoras. I like to think of them as "alternative" creases.

Thanks for those additional photos...

The photos you added are great; that is one cool looking lid.....:eusa_clap
Thanks for posting them.

kaosharper1 said:
The front looks pretty conventional:
hat4.jpg

Side view:
hat3.jpg

Top View:
hat1.jpg

Back view sort of looks like the front:
hat2.jpg

You need a very lightweight "handkerchief" type felt to pull this off. I'm not sure it can be steamed into heavier felt. Also a tall crown. This dobbs has about a 6" crown and a 2 3/8" brim.

I also think, IMHO, that unconventional bashes like these may draw younger people to fedoras. I like to think of them as "alternative" creases.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Looks great! The pin adds a nice touch! What does Mr. Fawcett do to make that one? An optimo turned into a porkpie? And is it hand or machine creased?

flute

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fluteplayer07 said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Looks great! The pin adds a nice touch! What does Mr. Fawcett do to make that one? An optimo turned into a porkpie? And is it hand or machine creased?

flute
Mine was done by hand, Flute, I can't tell you how Mr. Fawcett does his. [huh]

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Oh--you did it yourself! It matches the crease on Art's site. Did your hat come open crown, then? How long did it take for you to make?

flute

Mr E Train

One Too Many
This one's up on the 'Bay right now, not an auction, just Buy It Now only with no end date. I'm not going to give the manufacturer or model, and I uploaded the photo to my Photobucket so it couldn't be linked to an eBay auction. I just thought it was such an unusual crease that it had to be part of this collection.

creative.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21