Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Creative Crease Collection

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fluteplayer07 said:
Oh--you did it yourself! It matches the crease on Art's site. Did your hat come open crown, then? How long did it take for you to make?

flute
it's an old Dobbs 5th Ave, kinda velourish, it came with your standard center crease and a brown braided band.

It took me about a good hr. of steaming and messing with it, I guess. [huh]

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Now I get it! I thought you meant it was a custom from Art Fawcett, and it was styled after the Spumoni, but it is a regular hat you creased to look like it! Sorry; got really :p there. Nice job on it!

Very cool lid.....

One of the hats that Bolthead showed me when; he was showing me the ropes. I think it is where I got the idea for the seam in my "GEM":D

bolthead said:
Art's "Spumante" inspired me to make this one. I call the hat, "The Lounger".

PorkOptimo004.jpg
PorkOptimo005.jpg
PorkOptimo006.jpg

LoungePin002.jpg

It now has the Fedora Lounge lapel pin on it....(shown here).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Mr E Train said:
This one's up on the 'Bay right now, not an auction, just Buy It Now only with no end date. I'm not going to give the manufacturer or model, and I uploaded the photo to my Photobucket so it couldn't be linked to an eBay auction. I just thought it was such an unusual crease that it had to be part of this collection.

IMG]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v311/mretrain/creative.jpg[/IMG]

I think it's the Colorado Seniors mining program Stetson crease.
My link to the story and photos is dead, but XPLSV's post gives the idea

A Crease for the collection

Heck, Flute didn't start this thread for nothing.....let me add my recent work...lol

Digicam2033.jpg
[/IMG]

Digicam2049.jpg
[/IMG]

Digicam2064.jpg
[/IMG]

Digicam2055.jpg
[/IMG]

fluteplayer07 said:
For all the stylish, interesting bashes/creases out there that cannot be accurately described in any other way, this one is for you... Cane Rod's reversed teardrop 'Gem' bash comes to mind... Post 'em all here!

flute

Neophyte

I have to thank you, Kaosharper1, for your reverse pinch idea. I was trying to bring the back of my Akubra Squatter a bit off my head (still waiting for the sweat to shrink and conform to my head), so I was thinking of what I could do to raise the hat a bit.

After seeing that picture, I put a basic reverse pinch in the hat, and voila!:
By some force or another, the back of the hat has been raised a bit, all due to the reverse pinch. I couldn't be happier with the results.:D

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
I have to thank you, Kaosharper1, for your reverse pinch idea. I was trying to bring the back of my Akubra Squatter a bit off my head (still waiting for the sweat to shrink and conform to my head), so I was thinking of what I could do to raise the hat a bit.

After seeing that picture, I put a basic reverse pinch in the hat, and voila!:
By some force or another, the back of the hat has been raised a bit, all due to the reverse pinch. I couldn't be happier with the results.:D

Post a pic! I'm sure a lot of us would like to see it.

Neophyte

A little while later, and here is my completed replication of Kaosharper1's awesome reverse pinch bash-thing on my Squatter:

NewBashSide.jpg

NewBashTop.jpg

I'm quite happy with it. Here it is on my noggin:

SquatterNewBashFront.jpg

SquatterNewBashSide.jpg

SquatterNewBashBack.jpg

masiaka

Familiar Face
I just found this interesting crease while streaming internet TV to my computer. The back of the hat in the lower left reminds me of the fold in a garrison cap. Makes me wonder what the front looks like...
hat_crease.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko