Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dessert Menu

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We eat copious amounts of yoghurt for dessert. Fresh fruit, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sliced bananas, blackberries, all in a bowl of Greek yoghurt, topped with a handful of mixed nuts, crushed. Does wonders in keeping the weight down, but a word of caution if you are tempted to try it out. It is extremely laxative.

green papaya

One Too Many
2016-03-07.jpg

Fresh Donuts & coffee is one of my favorite desserts, I like these twists with a light sugar coating. :p

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Cherries Jubilee. I know that there are a multitude of recipes... but I use fresh cherries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and dark rum (not brandy) for mine. Oh... and home made (or the next best thing: the house brand that they sell in bulk at Costco) vanilla ice cream.

Bad news is that fresh cherries are only in season for a short period. Which is why the good Lord inspired someone to create Bananas Foster.

Sadly, we usually only eat dessert on Sundays. Nothing new to report until then!
You are smarter than we are - we eat dessert most nights (but not always). Last night was dessert free.

That said, I'm not against dessert for breakfast. Today, the green market near us is open (they come once a week) and one stand makes these incredible sticky buns. They seem genuinely homemade as in they vary from batch to batch and week to week - no corporate or professional bakery uniformity there. Some weeks they have a lot of raisons, other weeks its more about the cinnamon. My guess is that maybe the husband makes them one way, the wife another or it depends on the price of the ingredients that week - who knows, I just like the true "home made" feel. Time permitting, I'll run out and gets some for breakfast.

e4475288f60ae3b5437392daca3a7f56.jpg

Tonight it's cheap and easy and kid pleasy......but all this talk about pudding, and this box of cookies, has me major craving some good ol' banana pudding, a southern staple. I might have to come up with some this weekend.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui