Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The DINER.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6952.jpg

IMG_6960.jpg

IMG_6981.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Several months back my wife and I drove to Massachusetts to go to Mass MoCA for a show I had there. We stopped at this diner, can't remember exactly where...

IMG_0786.jpg

We were the only customers.

IMG_0783.jpg

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I remember eating here when I was a teenager with my mom and grandmother. They had some of the best Philly cheesesteak sandwiches ever! A lot of links I see still have it listed at it's old location but I seem to recall it was sold by the owner, picked up and moved to another state. The historical registry said it's significant date was 1939...I'm guessing that was the year it was built?

http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/diners/clarksvilleExt.php

ETA: I just found a blurb saying it was moved to Paris after it was sold. :(

Last edited:

thenar

New in Town
I was raised in New Jersey where the diner is king. Each has it's own personality...love those feisty waitresses that give a little bit of a hard time and tell you "Don't order that...try this..."

silverladybug

New in Town
I was raised in New Jersey where the diner is king. Each has it's own personality...love those feisty waitresses that give a little bit of a hard time and tell you "Don't order that...try this..."

I grew up in New Jersey too (I'm in maryland for school) and there are so many diners like you said.. It's really strange going to diners in other states because they're not quite the same. I don't know exactly what it is about them, but diners in say Maine are just... Not like NJ

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
They're from a whole slew of matchbook covers spanning the '20s through the '60s. Really shows an evolution of the styles.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Maryland's Forest Diner closes this week. The diner is from 1950, and has become entirely encased in a larger building since then. A competitor built another diner directly next door in 1998.

Full writeup here.

0102.jpg

0052.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points