Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The discussion about the general lack of vitamin D3

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Scientific researchers change their opinions every six months so I wouldn't place too much importance on the latest craze or scare they regularly instigate, they're just looking for their place in the sun :rolleyes: & since nearly everyone tested for vit. D appears to be lacking, it might be relevant to question the efficiency of the testing methods.
Clothing isn't really a problem in summer since UV's can penetrate most fabrics unless they are specifically UV resistant.....it's rare in summer that people wear multiple layers of clothing anyway.
In the meantime, the pharma companies are selling lots of nice vitamin supplements & people can continue to lead their unhealthy lifestyles so everyone is happy.

After 53 days:

I still feel very well, excellent and balanced. My nerving mood-changes were not coming back. I know, how I feel now and I stll know, how I felt before.

Now, we will see, what dark german autumn- and wintertime will bring! I will see, if the usual winter-blues will appear or not.

After 125 days, I can tell you, that I feel better than ever before. My general condition is really back on 100% and in the last weeks, I even recognized astonished, that my glare-sensitivity is completely gone. I can even walk through the brightest white fog, these days, without my sunglasses! I feel absolutely no pain and pressure on my eyes. Same on brightest clear sunshine-weather. I cannot really believe this, but it's fact. When I'm remembering a half year ago, thinking about the difference to now! o_O

Conclusion after 125 days of 1.000 IU-dosage:
1. After circa 14 days, my resentments were gone and not coming back.
2. Over time, my general condition went back to 100%.
3. Now, my glare-sensitivity is completely gone.

And other german people on the internet confirmed to me the thing with the disappearing glare-sensitivity. :)

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
I live in New Mexico at 6000 ft. altitude, and the solar radiation here is best described as brutal. There is a price to be paid for these beautiful, mostly cloudless turquoise skies. Here abundant vitamin D health is way offset by the danger of skin cancer. I have to cover up for my daily walk, which can be stifling and is probably a precaution taken too late since I was totally heedless when younger. Still, you gotta die of something eventually.

I stepped in the apothecary, this morning and now they got really 200 pieces-boxes of the most popular german 1.000 IU-Vitamin D3-tablets, next to the classic 100 pieces-boxes. The first moment, I couldn't believe my eyes, woohoo! o_O This is so good on my daily 2.000 IU-consume, because less aphotecary-visits! :D The 200 pieces-box is new on the market, probably because of the boom of last year. But, I mean the pharmacy-only free medicament (German drug law) with proven 1.000 IU, not the food-supplement (food-law).

PS:
From the 100 pieces-box, there were four or five pieces in the shelve, from the 200 pieces-box only one, which I grabbed immediately. ;)

Now, the break-even point in Germany is reached, in 2017.

Now, big media doesn't ignore the importance of daily Vitamin D3, here!
And even here, with our incompetent old-fashion doctors, the konsens about daily 2.000 IU for all adults is coming up, more and more. :)

Since this year, big media and corrupted practical medicine can't ever more tell the big old lie, that the lack of Vitamine D in the whole population doesn't exist!

So, 2017 is a good year for all of us!! :)

And I can just say:
Be absolutely disciplined and DON'T forget your 2.000 IU on some days, otherwise it would be senseless!

Reason:
RESEARCH GUESSES, THAT OUR ADULT-METABOLISM "CONSUMES" AT LEAST 1.000 IU PER DAY!

That's, why the daily 1.000 IU are senseless. With daily 1.000, you can never "fix" the problem finally. So, I changed to daily 2.000 IU some weeks ago, myself. :)

4.000 IU would be senseless, because 2.000 IU got the same effect and are absolutely sufficient.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I take 5000 IU of vitamin d per day and have for years. I got the figure from Dr. William Davis's old blog (Track your Plaque). Davis was, at the time, a clinical cardiologist helping patients and readers reverse heart disease through lifestyle changes. I didn't have heart disease, but his advice about diet helped me a lot. He's mentioned that people lose much of their ability to synthesize vitamin d after age 40. Young people who get a lot of sun, though, easily achieve healthy levels.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
3. Now, my glare-sensitivity is completely gone.

And other german people on the internet confirmed to me the thing with the disappearing glare-sensitivity. :)

I don't know if it's related, but even without sunscreen, I barely sunburn here in Indiana. (Colorado is another story.) My shoulders got pink at the state fair last year, but they didn't even peel.

I don't know if it's related, but even without sunscreen, I barely sunburn here in Indiana. (Colorado is another story.) My shoulders got pink at the state fair last year, but they didn't even peel.

In Germany, many people with healthy vitamine D-levels say, that they are not more getting real sunburns, too!
But I can't really tell about myself, because I usually avoid sunburn, using traveller hat, the shadows as much as I can or slip into my Denim-jacket, that I got with me.

But I feel very well, strong, since late 2016. My physical/muscular strength is really on strong 100%, again! :)

30+ and normal symptoms af aging?? FORGET IT!! :) I was never in that strong condition, before! And I curiously reached this point with only 1.000 IU daily in my self-experiment!

But now, I will stay on my 2.000 IU daily. Correct medicament, NOT food-supplement!

Research and especially (german) osteologists = 1.000 to 2.000 IU daily for adults. Your musculoskeletal-system will thank you very much.

That's the actual status and 2018 is awaited!! :)

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I remember reading that 90% of the visible signs of aging are directly attributable to Sun exposure. Probably why the most dedicated sunworshippers I've ever known all had faces like the Necronomicon before they were forty. ;)

I need to look into that @Trenchfriend Trench . I'm sure I need it . Thanks

Surely, Colecalciferol isn't all on "MS" and everbody knows that. But it's just proven in practical medicine, here, that it's an enourmous help for all the MS-patients! So now, every german doctor is fixing the usual lack of vitamin-D of his patient, basically! The patients can be really happy, that it's a standard-procedure, now. :)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I remember reading that 90% of the visible signs of aging are directly attributable to Sun exposure. Probably why the most dedicated sunworshippers I've ever known all had faces like the Necronomicon before they were forty. ;)

I’ve been playing tennis all my life where for the most part the Sun
is very intense most of the year.

I’ve noticed that some fair-skinned folks who are much younger than me
yet their skin is very worn or dry with wrinkles. Sometimes they ask me
what am I doing that I don’t wrinkle. I tell them I don’t really have an
expert reason. I can withstand the heat in a match where the average
temperature is 100º or higher much better than some of my opponents.

But on the other hand, I cannot withstand cold weather very well.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
No lack of vit D for her but she's about ready to be made into handbags. :rolleyes:
wrinkled-sunburn-mess1.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112