Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The DORCUS COLLECTION

Caledonia

Practically Family
mmmhmmm. Fur bikinis, prehistoric style. You know who I mean. And it's still on topic, cos I bet Dorcus came up with one, or wishes he had. ;)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Oh, the adolescent fantasies are coming out now I see. :rolleyes: Get over it. "The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be." :p

Regards,

J

Quit being such a prude. :rage: You mean to tell me in 1976 when you were 7 you didn't look at Cheryl Tiegs and Farrah Fawcetts swimsuit posters?:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
lol lol lol I think you answered that question yourself. I was seven! :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: No.

Regards,

J

Where's a 2X4 to knock some sense into this mule?:rage:

Tony; please tell me that you had both posters on the wall. Please! Marc?

Wild Root

Gone Home
I dated a gal named Farrah once... still good friends;)

Never really thought that Fawcett was all that hot... when I was a kid, I thought that style of hair was pretty silly looking even at the time! Never understood what the big deal was about her.

Now, let us refrain from name calling shall we? I think it a good idea.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah, Fay Wray... good taste buddy!;)

I have to admit, Fay was a dish deluxe but, my first vintage queen was Ginger Rogers... when I was 14 and saw "Swing Time" with Fred and Ginger for the first time... I fell in love!!! I still have a nice photo of Ginger in a deco reverse painted glass frame... I see her every day!;)

=WR=

Warbaby

One Too Many
Thanks for the bump, Marc - I would never have found this wonderful thread without it. Truly stunning fashions that had me rolling on the floor.

OTOH, I recall that my favorite outfit for a night out in 1974 was a pair of heavy velvet bell-bottom hip-huggers in a tasteful shade of dusty rose that I wore with platform shoes, a skin tight polyester disco shirt and glam-rock eye makeup.

I think the only thing that kept me from being killed by rednecks was the fact that, aside from the clothes I wore, I looked more than a little dangerous and capable of Very Bad Craziness.

Talbot

One Too Many
I can still remember my first suit...

Brown suit with orange pinstripes

2 button with vest

Bell bottom trousers - no belt

Purple shirt with flowers and pointy collar

Black shoes with cuban heel.

It was 1973, and I was 13, sigh....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members