Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Double Teardrop

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Sorry JtL, just callin' it as I see it. No offense intended.

HPG, er, the latter. I tried to find the, er, most polite
rendition I could come across.

I'm sure a couple of Mai Tai's would help to ease the pain. ;)

Incidentally, apparently the rendition you chose is an example of one that actually can be polished...:p

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I thought about feltfan's view but, in a rare instance of holding back, decided against it. Now that it's out there, I'll give it a +1 and add soft-serve to the list of possible names.
ice_cream_on_black.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
I'm sure a couple of Mai Tai's would help to ease the pain. ;)

Incidentally, apparently the rendition you chose is an example of one that actually can be polished...:p
Heh. So now I owe JtL something like a dozen Mai Tais
and an ice cream cone for Lefty. Probably a cigar for IndyCop
and certainly some photos for Brad Bower.

I'm not sure I can afford to continue to post here.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Sooo Jimmy it's been a few, Are you wearing it? :D

It was fun to give it a try, but I think I'll be sending that lid over to Optimo for a complete re-block back into an open crown. I actually like the concept a lot, but it's a little too novel for me to get comfortable with in terms of how I want that particular hat to look. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Goose.

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
OK. It seems I just can't stay outta' this fun thread forever.

My first and lasting impression when I saw the images was that I like it very much - but that I wouldn't want it for me. ...
but 'third boob' did not come to mind. lol

So, basically, I think there's nothing wrong with it. ...
It's actually amazing to me in the way that I can appreciate certain styles of automobiles or architecture even though I wouldn't necessarily want to own them for my own use.
FurFeltFedora said:
JtL it certainly is an interesting solution to your problem and I can confidently say that I have never seen anything like that before. It's difficult to describe my reaction to it. Kind of like the three breasted woman from Total Recall - more of what you like, but somehow not right... :D

Jimmy, like HPG, I have to chime in. Agree with what he posted, I too like it very much. But, I don't think I'd wear it. Dunno. I didn't think I'd like anchovies on pizza until I tried it. Had the too tall crown gig on my Fed IV Tawny...maybe I'll goof with it some rainy day (thank God it's summer ;))

I liked your work and my initial reaction was (and continues to be), "wow, that's some good work". Very nicely done. Impressive.

Triple F's comment about the three boobed woman cracked me up. Guess that's why I keep coming back to look. So, I had to post to confess my guilty pleasure.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Goose. said:

Triple F's comment about the three boobed woman cracked me up. Guess that's why I keep coming back to look. So, I had to post to confess my guilty pleasure.

Goose, you are absolved of your sins. Go now, and mount your lid on top of your guilt-free noggin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk