Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
There are enough around to have a song made about them---Pants on the ground.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG8BckrF_r8

lol

Oh my lord - I almost died watching this! Only a few hours ago we were taking the p**s out of these kind of people, and joking about taking out our greyhound all kitted up "street" - big gold chain with a big gold dollar sign on it, a turned around baseball cap, a pair of Doggles and...pants hangin' under his tail. And lo and behold this video. Oh it hurt! lol

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I think that is what I refer to as the Ripped Sack Theory. They get an idea in their head and just can't keep it in---just like a ripped sack can't hold anything in. Let's face it, we all look at people and things go through our mind. The skill is keeping it to yourself and not making yourself look stupid. I suppose Ma said it best---"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." ;) :p

We refer to that around here as having no filter.

Mav

A-List Customer
J B said:
While at the mall, one of my siblings told me that in the distance, there appeared to be a couple of hecklers, laughing at my general direction. He told me that they looked like they might cause trouble if they came close enough. I have no idea what they were wearing though. However, I was wearing my Federation at the time, a white-on-yellow checkered pattern short sleeve button shirt, and dark blue Levi 505 jeans, with a brown belt and leather shoes.

Apparently, to a couple of guys at least, I looked silly. This got me wondering if it was just the hat, or if the overall outfit had something to do with it. Does the outfit below look alright with a dark brown Federation, or downright tacky?

It has little to do with style, and much to do with your overall bearing. I have little to contribute to this thread, because I tend to not catch sh*t from strangers. Carry yourself as if you don't care, and as if you're willing to cut a throat if you deem it necessary. And deem it necessary, if necessary. Convincing yourself that you're a bada$$ is the first move in convincing others that you're a bada$$.
So endeth the lesson in self- esteem 101. Go forth, and be merciless.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mav's right. You must have confidence in your own appearance. I don't personally, but I've developed the aforementioned glare that just screams "don't give me any sh*t."

It's very helpful, although it sometimes sends the wrong message to my friends and family.

Remember, if anyone ever come up to you and gives you any flak, just return to sender with something akin to this:

"Maybe I'll listen to you after you take that cork out of your ***." They might not get the...ahem...subtle implication, but they'll get the idea.

Mav

A-List Customer
Neophyte said:
Remember, if anyone ever come up to you and gives you any flak, just return to sender with something akin to this:

Or just launch a pint jar into their teeth, and smack a barstool into their kidneys. Abrupt and sudden violence is an effective way to deal with these....gentlemen.
The trick is in knowing, or believing, that you can still do it. It radiates.
The workings of the universe are largely a mental endeavor, and others reactions are based in your own insecuritiea. Take no sh*t and you will get no sh*t.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Mav said:
Or just launch a pint jar into their teeth, and smack a barstool into their kidneys. Abrupt and sudden violence is an effective way to deal with these....gentlemen.
The trick is in knowing, or believing, that you can still do it. It radiates.
The workings of the universe are largely a mental endeavor, and others reactions are based in your own insecuritiea. Take no sh*t and you will get no sh*t.

Effective, yes, but I prefer the calmer 'Im a happy, self-confident human being and couldnt care less about what stupid remark is gonna come out of your face' aura.

funneman

Practically Family
It's all about the 'tude

I love to pick up my kids at soccer/softball practice.

I walk in dressed to the nines and people look at me like I'm there to mow somebody down.

I get lots of nervous stares. ;)

Neophyte

funneman said:
I love to pick up my kids at soccer/softball practice.

I walk in dressed to the nines and people look at me like I'm there to mow somebody down.

I get lots of nervous stares. ;)

lol What do your kids say about it? Do their friends ask them if their dad is a "ganster" or the "mafia" ?

Mav

A-List Customer
scottyrocks said:
Effective, yes, but I prefer the calmer 'Im a happy, self-confident human being and couldnt care less about what stupid remark is gonna come out of your face' aura.
Always the favored approach, and it works about 99.9% of the time- that last .1% of hardcore stupid/ ill- mannered is, fortunately, a rarity.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Neophyte said:
At any rate, I got another "that hat is gay" comment today. It came from my brother...who's quite the fashionable and popular young man. He feels that the fedora should have stayed in the '20s "where it belongs." He is quite ignorant, but he's my brother...oh well.

Reminds me of my old roommate's comment:

"Family" makes you interact closely with people you probably, otherwise, wouldn't seek out as friends.

Interestingly, for him it was also a brother.;)

Neophyte

ccajackson said:
Reminds me of my old roommate's comment:

"Family" makes you interact closely with people you probably, otherwise, wouldn't seek out as friends.

Interestingly, for him it was also a brother.;)

lol

funneman

Practically Family
Neophyte said:
lol What do your kids say about it? Do their friends ask them if their dad is a "ganster" or the "mafia" ?

My kids seem to like it just fine. They each have fedoras of their own.
Coversation heard in the back seat between my daugheter and her friend:

Friend (whispers): Why does your dad always wear hats?
Daughter: Because it's cool!

Plus, they can always pick me out from across the field!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
When I was a kid (ok, until I was 14 and he grew it into a beard) my dad had a Handle Bar mustache. It made him easy to identify. No one to my knowledge has ever dared to cross him, he liked the mustache, he rocked it, and it just -was- him. The same with anything he wears. From desert boots to cowboy hats with both brims flipped down. If -you- think you look good, and keep the confidence up, no one will cross you.

(^ about your kids identifying you across the field, my dad always just whistled and we'd know to turn and find him lol Funny thing is, if I'm in a crowd and hear what sounds like his whistle, I don't even think, I still turn immediately. :rolleyes: )

Neophyte

funneman said:
My kids seem to like it just fine. They each have fedoras of their own.
Coversation heard in the back seat between my daugheter and her friend:

Friend (whispers): Why does your dad always wear hats?
Daughter: Because it's cool!

Plus, they can always pick me out from across the field!

lol
That's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana