Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

GClark

One of the Regulars
VintageVixie said:
All this fine whiskey talk has me missing my favorite libations more than I already am. Before I found I was expecting, I liked a small nightly drink.
/snip/

Has anyone here had the Irish single malt Connemara? I've not so much as seen it in our local stores. I really want to try it.

I bought a bottle of Connemara while in Ireland over the summer. It is peaty, but not like the bigger Isaly whiskeys (e.g. Lagavulin or Laphroaig), more like Bruichladdich, or even a bit like Highland Park.

You can definitely get it here in the States - I have seen it in MD.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I have been slowly conducting my own sherry tastings. Last night I enjoyed a glass of Lustau Solera Reserva, DeLuxe Cream, Capatax Andres sherry.

I am working my way up to a full tasting/dinner and trying to get a representative of the Cosejo Regulador or another expert from Jerez to join us for the evening.

I never realized just how many different types of sherry are made. Unfortunately it is still very much overlooked in the US.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Tonight while my half chicken roasts with it's "Arabian herbs" if having a few glasses of "Jacobs Creek" Shiraz Cabernet, after spending 10 mins looking for a corkscrew, I even looked inside my hot water bottle and the ice box, I discover its a "Screw top"..... lovely flavours "Tough and rough on the outside with a soft "Nutty" centre.

6a00d83420576b53ef01053610d68f970b-320wi

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A change from the usual Scotch whisky; Rebel Yell Kentucky Bourbon, neat. Until a few years ago, only sold in the South. Carpetbag market got to be too much for them I guess! ;)

campy

New in Town
Cigarband said:
A "Dark and Stormy" is made with Ginger Beer and Gosling's Black Seal RUM.
Yours would be a "Dirk and Stormy."lol
lol

Or, since vodka & ginger beer (plus lime) is a Moscow Mule, the Scotch version could be called a "Highland Mule." :D

campy

New in Town
I had a Negroni this evening. Equal measures Campari, vermouth and gin on the rocks. I usually put a drop of orange bitters in it rather than a fruit garnish.

JennyLou

Practically Family
In the evenings, after a long day I usually like to enjoy a simple rum and coke or a blend of any juice and rum I have in the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points