Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge Guide to Blanket Mackinaws

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Thank you very much. I bet I could have googled that forty different ways and never found them.

I'm amazed by some of these vendors and their lack of photos and angles. I have no idea how any of those garments look, function, or any of the details. In this case, this vendor may have chosen the worst angles I've ever seen. There's no photo gallery (that I'm seeing). No close-ups. No basic photos of the garments alone. Why would I buy something from someone when I have no idea what I'm actually buying? So truly strange of an approach.

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Maine Guide by Congress. I've had two others of this same model- That collar and point placement make it really distinctive.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Maine Guide by Congress. I've had two others of this same model- That collar and point placement make it really distinctive.

I know from experience that belts are more a hindrance then help on a jacket, but it sure does add a certain bit of class to the old Mackinaw!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Mid 1930s Hudson's Bay. Possibly made by Maine Guide (not too many companies made this style, and all the other examples other than the Maine Guide ones I've seen were store labeled rather than mfg. labeled)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points