Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Future we were promised

Wild Root

Gone Home
In the 1930?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s there was a great deal of futuristic images of the time! World?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s Fairs and science fiction magazines formed a bright image of what the future was to be. Streamlined space ships and mono-rails and tall buildings on other planets, some of the art that was drawn then was really something I think.

Any way, I found these images and thought I would share them with you. I hope you enjoy the pictures and you can check out the link to the site I found them on: http://www.palaceofculture.org/rad_world_fair_war.html

Even in their idea of what the future was to be, men still wore hats!

Cheers.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Fisk, I'm with you! We all are!!! We can make a change if we just keep the faith.;)

Funny thing happened wile I was driving the other day. I saw a young man say, in his late 20's walking down the side walk. I was waiting for the light to change and I looked at him and he had a late 30's fedora on! It was light tan with a dark brown band. Wide brim and a tall crown. I asked if it were a Borsalino and he told me it was a Knox. What a cool thing to see some one I don't know wear a fine vintage hat! Made me feel good inside!

Take care,

Root.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Stop me if I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m beating a dead horse?¢‚Ǩ¬¶

Why aren?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t there more people wearing fedoras? Why isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t there more ?¢‚Ǩ?ìIndiana Jones?¢‚Ǩ? fans wearing them, as well as Humphrey Bogart and film noir fans?

As far as ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThe Future?¢‚Ǩ? as depicted in these pictures: There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a clean, grand majestic look and feel to them. Maybe they are over the top but there?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s an optimism that you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t help but appreciate.

Wild Root

Gone Home
LOL LOL LOL Funny stuff! Well Fisk, I have friends that are into WWII reenacting and they would love to sport a fedora every day. But, they have no guts to do it. They fear the uneducated public calling them Gangsters, Zoot Suit Pimps and so on. Like we talked about earlier. Me, I couldn't care less! I sport a fedora every day and don't care what others think:cool2:

Matt gets called Rabbi all the time.LOL He doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t wear black fedoras either.

Some people :rolleyes:

Root.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I get called Inspector Gadget, Dick Tracy and Indiana Jones too, it doesn't bother me.

If more people start wearing hats, the general public may start to recognize that not all fedoras are the same and I have my on identity. If i lose my hat they won't return it to the studio prop department, they'll look for me.

Matt Deckard: Jetsetter of the 21st century.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well this has gotten off topic, but I earlier posted in the hat section some time ago the same thing: I used to get the snyde comments about wearing a hat. "Here comes the Daily Planet", or "Hey it's Willie Brown" ..or "Hey it's the G-man"..

So in one ear out the other. Then things changed.

To: where did you get that hat? Where is your hat today? Nice straw hat, that looks great. I love your fedora hat, my husband used to wear one. "Gee, I wish more people wore hats like yours, they look so classy. And so on.

So I agree with Ren.....wear it now, they don't fit too well when you are laid out in the coffin at the end of this good life;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points