Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

Flieger

Practically Family
I have to agree on the Shepard Neame brews. I just tried their Goldings Summer Hop Ale. Very nice.

Others I like:

Carlsberg Hof - Perfect allround lager.
Fuller's ESB - My pint of choice.
Gambrinus - Great pilz made by Pilsner Urquell. Eat a spicy sausage together with this one - Pure bliss.

/F

griffer

Practically Family
Coors light....

I KID!

Newcastle on tap at my local pub.

Sorry to be so pedestrian, but they have their lines and temps perfect.

Won't touch the stuff anywhere else.

It has put me right off bottled beer.

Although Pilsner Urquel, in Czech and Germany, fantastic.

Hell, any tap in Austria and Germany met with my approval.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Indeed. I dig Pilsner Urquel a lot. We used to seek that stuff out in Russia all the time. Calsburg, on the other hand, I can take or leave.

Russian beer is terrible, but I nostalgically purchase some bottles in West Hollywood now and again, for old times sake. Baltika 3 is such a refreshing beer.

One of my best friends loves Kirin Ichiban, which is a pretty decent light beer. So, I drink it a lot and I enjoy it, but I wouldn't purchase it on my own.

My personal favorite these days is Red Stripe, when on sale at the local supermarket. Dig the stuff. (Not the commercials.)

Across the pond stuff, Boddington's, Bass. Not the biggest fan of Guiness, Newcastle and most dark beers, although I wouldn't turn one down.

Right now, at home, i'm getting into the Brakespear line of beers. Relatively high alcohol (mid 5%) and stupendous hoppy flavours. And they're bottle conditioned! They do a Triple that's just to die for. And it's organic!

As for pub beers, it's not so easy to find good real ales without travelling all over the city. usually i'm stuck with Old Speckled Hen or London Pride. Weak, and tasteless in other words. So hard to find a free house these days.

However! I believe my local at home (family home) is still a free house, so when i return i'll get my locally brewed Monastery Triple.

bk

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That old thread makes me cringe.

I'm now a fan of trappist and abbey style ales. Saison is another of my favorites as well.

In the summertime, I can't get enough of Hennepin Saison and weissbiers. Kolsch is also something I'm having lately.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Zohar said:
I'm now a fan of trappist and abbey style ales.

I like a good Trippel especially when the weather starts cooling off, good old Chimay White never fails to hit the spot.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
This guy here,...

the_kirin.jpg

The Kirin. :beer:
Smooth and exotic without being pretentious.

griffer

Practically Family
ahhh, the japanese beer, Kirin, Asahi...good times, good memories.

i don't have the taste for them anymore, not since the Cio-Cio-San incident...

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I live in Denmark, so the beer is good.
The cheapest beer at the cheapest supermarket is also good.

Almost any Danish Stout, or Porter.

Since we're on Beer, I'll try to shoot and post some pics of Carlsberg's old brewery, here in Copenhagen- it's a fantastical, Wonkerville of a Victorian Brewing complex/estate.
I ride through there every day on my unicycle.

Beer.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong with Danish beer BT. I actually quite like Carlsberg Black Gold which you can get here sometimes, nice and very dry, good summer beer on a hot day.

Looking forward to the photos (include one of the unicycle!)

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The smaller, provincial and independent breweries-
I only like Carls Dark and Porter.

Carlsberg and Tuborg are married.

Been getting some nice beer from ALDI for around 5 kronor.

There's a great brewery on Bornholm, Svane Bryggeriet?
Nice beers in big bottles.

B
T

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm a Hophead, I like most of the myriad of IPA's offered by U.S. microbreweries. I have very little interest in beers under 40 IBU's. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff