Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

HOLY HELL OREGON LOST!

Not sure if I should be upset or not that I decided not to go. I collected a variety of beers for the night, instead: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Alba Scots Pine Ale, Bridgeport Ebenezer Winter Ale, Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout, Widmer Bros. Falconer's IPA, and Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA.

I did share...

What? No PBR or Schlitz? :plol lol

anon`

One Too Many
No, I care much for carbonated p... eh, yeah.

Tried cloning Sierra Nevada Tumbler yesterday. I don't think it's going to come out at all like Tumbler. Could prove to be very, er, interesting.

Also: I found a bottle of The Stoic from Deschutes. Presently enjoying 11% of Belgian-styled Quad. Much love!

Last edited:

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Mentioning PBR in a beer thread (here anyway) is like mentioning McDonald's in a fine dining thread....

PBR is the worst swill I've ever imbibed..... hard to believe there's worse out there.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mentioning PBR in a beer thread (here anyway) is like mentioning McDonald's in a fine dining thread....

PBR is the worst swill I've ever imbibed..... hard to believe there's worse out there.

Obviously Sir, you were NOT given the OPPORTUNITY to "taste" Olympia, Oly Gold, Joseph Heileman's Premium Beer, or Hamm's. We've never said that PBR is a wonderful beer, it IS however worth the $4.00 a six pack I can get it for in Exciting Norman Oklahoma. I have a few PBR's left in the refrigerator by the Budweiser (my light beer) and a few Guinness. Florida is the home of the Everglades swamp, and the home of the large Southern Busch brewery. A friend of mine who attended Florida Institute of Technology said that the Bud from that plant had a swamp water smell to it.

I eat at McDonald's, Burger King, and take my Mother to Wendy's (even though I don't like it). I also try to eat at Cattleman's steakhouse once a month because they have month old wet aged beef. Eating a Micky D's burger the day before going to Cattleman's makes the steak taste better in comparison.

Merry Xmas

dnjan

One Too Many
Long time no posts.
I'll admit, I've been drinking mostly wine since the last post in this thread.
But surely someone must have had some "great" beer.

dnjan

One Too Many
Yes - easier to put the cork back in a 750ml bottle of wine and have it be good the next day as opposed to putting a stopper back on a 22-oz or 750ml bottle of beer.
Beer drinking re-starts next week. My son is coming back from grad school in Victoria for a few days, and it will be easier to share a large bottle of high-alchohol beer with him in town.

Yes - easier to put the cork back in a 750ml bottle of wine and have it be good the next day as opposed to putting a stopper back on a 22-oz or 750ml bottle of beer.
Beer drinking re-starts next week. My son is coming back from grad school in Victoria for a few days, and it will be easier to share a large bottle of high-alchohol beer with him in town.

As long as it isn't a screw top. :p

anon`

One Too Many
Great brews what?

Completed the Bend Ale Trail with my better half a couple weeks ago!

Hit up Bend Brewing Company, Boneyard Beer, Cascade Lakes Brewing, Deschutes Brewery, GoodLife Brewing, McMenamin's Old St. Francis School, Old Mill Brew Wërks, Silver Moon Brewing, 10 Barrel Brewing, and Three Creeks Brewing.

Standout brews included Bend Brewing's Ching Ching (hibiscus sour); Boneyard Notorious (triple IPA), Bonehead (the ba***rd lovechild of a French saison and Belgian pale), and Suge Knite (a Russian Imperial Stout that rivals Deschutes Human Sacrifice for I'm-going-to-murder-your-face-ness); Brew Wërks Experimental Brown and ESB (both amazingly British forms of two classic British styles); Cascade Lakes Imperial Red Ale; and Silver Moon Jingo-Jango Eldorado (made with a new breed of hops that trades the characteristic grapefruit of so many PNW hops for mango and other tropical fruits) and an as-yet-unnamed triple IPA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider