• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

The Great Beer Thread

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Andykev, Mar 24, 2004.

1. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Yes it was a good experience and we learned a lot.

The craft brewing business had incredible growth at the moment and the quality of the product is getting better all the time.

With two breweries opening everyday in the US and poor hygiene standards in many, I can't imagine the growth is sustainable

2. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Oh, here is our leadership team in action at the show - Director of Marketing (me) and Director of Sales (the other bloke).

These bottles (Belgium style beer) were from one of our customers - long empty by the time they got to us .

[​IMG]

Cocker, Hurricane Jack and Bamaboots like this.
  3. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

I had wondered about both of those points you've made and would agree about sustained growth. But with all the young guys interested in craft beers I guess you never know. I understand there is a group of young people interested in handcrafted cocktails but their numbers are quite small compared to the craft beer group. In general they stay away from whiskey.

4. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

5. Hurricane Jack

6. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I got you. Judging from the products I've sampled from the microbrewers in this area, I wish we had more distillers.

7. Ah! Beer, our great export product other than chocolate and diamonds.

Well, there are so many good ones but my fav is St. Bernardus abt 12.
    It's brewed right next to the famous Westvleteren abbey but without all the fuss.

If you are a fan of dark beers this is a great one to try. If you can get your hands on it, not sure if they are out there...

Can't drink more than 1,5 but Emmanuel doesn't mind finishing mine off :)

Great in stu's as well.

Scooterz and MisterCairo like this.
  8. Hurricane Jack

9. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

10. Up here in Vancouver, Canada the craft beer revolution is in full swing. They are popping up like mushrooms after a rain. They are enjoying a 10-15% market share and steadily rising. They keep opening up or expanding, enough growth to begin to worry the big boys. My understanding of the brewing biz is that sanitation is a baseline requirement of brewing good beer. If they are not sanitary the product sucks.

11. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

It might be 95F outside, but it is starting to feel like Autumn already.

[​IMG]

BobHufford and Hurricane Jack like this.
  12. Hurricane Jack

Had several Big Tree IPA's from Burr Oak Brewing on tap tonight during Happy Hour. Somewhere around 8% ABV. Having an unusual spruce/green pine taste to it, it won't earn a place in my mind as a favorite.

13. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

LN_095709_BP_11.jpg

14. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

I recently power washed a friend's patio, and in return she gifted me with Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Ale. It's an amber colored beer with a dunkel flavor and woody aftertaste.
    [​IMG]

15. Hurricane Jack

An IPA still being brewed by Torn Label Brewing Co.

[​IMG]

16. Cocker

Cocker A-List Customer

Is this Bertinchamps beer?

17. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

18. Cocker

Cocker A-List Customer

Thanks DJH!

Has a nice beer made in the USA yesterday, Tank 7 from Boulevard Brewery.

19. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Pumpin ale time, this one from Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto, a fully functioning brewery using early 19th century recipes and methods:

20. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Shiner IPA ( not over hopped like many American IPAs) while cooking dinner this evening.

[​IMG]

Cheers!
    David

1mach1 likes this.