Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

" The Great British Hat Makers "

A no-name British black hat from the 1930s. Inscrutable sticker at the rear of the sweatband. The ends of the sweatband are secured by tape at the rear.

britishblacknoname1930sfedora1.jpg

britishblacknoname1930sfedora2.jpg

britishblacknoname1930sfedora3.jpg

britishblacknoname1930sfedora4.jpg

A 1930s hat by Hepworths, one of the lower end shops back in the day. This is a lovely hat, which I wear a lot. The combination of grey felt with a russet hatband is inspired. This is the oldest Hepworths hat I've encountered.

1930shepworthsfedora11.jpg

1930shepworthsfedora21.jpg

1930shepworthsfedora31.jpg

A great crown liner logo.

1930shepworthsfedora41.jpg

Handwritten in India Ink "Colombo/225".

1930shepworthsfedora51.jpg

Taped sweatband.

1930shepworthsfedora61.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I had a gift In my mail yesterday. A unusual Dunn&Co LTD. Multicolor Ribbon and I am very suprised, a wide brimmed!
That is very unusual for the conservativ Dunn&Co.
That gift comes from my friend Richard from good old England. Thanks so much Richard you are so generous!
Maybe Richard can tell us a Story about the hat!

5wgn.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Manfred - I don't know anything about the hat, but would date it at early 50's. The GA Dunn name was gradually replaced, by Dunn & Co in the 50's, and as the Sweat has one and the liner the other it's likely to be around then. I couldn't find any adverts for it, and haven't seen any other Dunn & Co hats (or British hats) like it.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Manfred, what a great find! I adore the fact that the men and woman here on the FL take such pride in the hats/caps and clothing they choose to wear..I have also seen the caps you have acquired in the cap faction and the latest one is a beauty! I only hope to visit Germany soon so that I too can attend the mass selection of vintage items at the markets ..not just for the caps and hats..what a day I will have! :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Babygirl, welcome here and many many thanks for the nice comment! I hope you enjoy the lounge and the new stuff everyday here.
You will come to Germany? That sounds great. You will have a great time here. If you love fleamarkets then you are right here in Germany.
If you have luck you will find not only some old Hats and Caps here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk