Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The GREATEST Menswear Store Ever?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
bruce wayne said:
true, i too would like to see the pics of these fine clothes.
Here's one that I happened to archive do to the unique shoulder treatment. (Maybe Mark would be kind enough to repost the missing pics.)

e8_1.jpg

This recent pic from thesartorialist blog reminded me of this thread.

ConservFlair2.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Marc had wondered if anyone else was enjoying this thread....

The answer is YES YES YES. Please repost the pics if you can. Many of us who didn't see them 3 years ago want to enjoy (or drool).

Thx

Oviatt's Czechoslovakian velour fedora

A fine quality velour felt hat, likely pre-WWII. The felt is very soft but fully moldable. Blocking is very straight with 5 3/4" open crown and 2 1/2" brim. 2" ribbon. Very beautiful sweatband is 2 1/4" wide. Liner is utilitarian cotton or linen suggesting that silk might have been unavailable from Europe at the time? $15 retail.

oviatts1.jpg

oviatts2.jpg

oviatts3.jpg

oviatts4.jpg

oviatts5.jpg

oviatts6.jpg

oviatts7.jpg

oviatts8.jpg

oviatts9.jpg

Steve, I look forward to learning more!

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Hate to be redundant as I posted this up in "Hats" but for posterity sake here's a beautiful old "Oviatt Model, Made In England" by the "New" Failsworth Hat Manufacturing Co. I was told by family that hat was originally purchased in the 40's by the actress Ann Richards ("AR" embossed in sweat). Only other tag I could find is an Oviatt price tag for $15.
IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui