Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The GW sale page. Oh my.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Yes it's gorgeous though I could live with most of the top makers jackets in their various styles. I'd love one sheep lined as its freezing here at the moment.
Aside: I bet there are some on here who would wear that original jacket he used as a template:D

Anyone who can wait 2+ years for a jacket is a better man than me. I'm a little over 12 weeks on my Aero and bouncing off the walls. I understand the concept of set it and forget it but....wow. I'd love an Arcadia or a Ventura but alas I'm entirely unable to wait that long.
IMG_7047.JPG

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone who can wait 2+ years for a jacket is a better man than me. I'm a little over 12 weeks on my Aero and bouncing off the walls. I understand the concept of set it and forget it but....wow. I'd love an Arcadia or a Ventura but alas I'm entirely unable to wait that long.
View attachment 97370
I am coming up on the two year mark and I pretty much have forgotten about it. In that time I have bought a couple Vansons, an Aero, two Langlitz, and now a Thedi...
Somewhere in the back of my mind I know that I have a Goodwear in my future and that's a nice thought when it occurs to me.

I am coming up on the two year mark and I pretty much have forgotten about it. In that time I have bought a couple Vansons, an Aero, two Langlitz, and now a Thedi...
Somewhere in the back of my mind I know that I have a Goodwear in my future and that's a nice thought when it occurs to me.
Kind of like the Gustin method on steroids. I do really love the Arcadia. If I could have one, that would be it. Just no way I'm jumping in that queue. I'll go mad. And the barrage of emails I'd send JC would likely ban me from his inbox. Just ask Carrie, she'll tell ya. :oops:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The Hercules jacket posted here was probably a Demo John made that was never sold or returned. He makes a 44 size because that is what he wears.

I read it here or probably in an email with John. He had acquired an Original Hercules as he posted on the sale. He said he was going to use it to pattern a re-make. The Imperial was a design based on the Hercules, but with John's ideas added.

Now he has re-made that Iconic Hercules.

Aero, Bill Kelso, Johnson Leather, have done re-makes of that Jacket. The Freewheelers Caboose Jacket looks to be of a similar pattern too.

I think it is a rather odd fitting jacket, at least on me. The style wears long with the adjustment low also. I've had low adjustment jackets, but they are typically shorter. Like a Highwayman

Terry you have a great collection and this is the crown jewel. I have watched your video showing this jacket more times than I care to admit!

That Imperial stands out. I did not order it. I bought it second or third hand. It did not come with any history or backstory. John remembers the jacket, he has only made a few.

In the Video I question why someone would sell a jacket so nice and unworn.

Someone replied in the comments something like; "The Dude got too Fat to wear it"
I laughed! Could be that simple.

Ton,
The Arcadia is what I've settled on as well, when the time comes.

I had to sell my size 42 because it was too small. It was a favorite.

I've bought all my GW jackets second/third hand. John has seen them and has written me about them. Giving me what backstory there may have been. He saw the vintage Scully I posted here and ask to use it for a re-make. He did it because the jacket interested him, not because it would be a big seller.

Did anyone ever actually receive their order from ToJ?

After the feature debacle? A few were sent out but not all, not even close. No clue if the guys who took over made good on all the back orders. They're still in business so it's possible.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Reminds me of the Lawless Denim shambles. The early orders promised large but then they start piling up and the quality control goes out the window. Still remember my ones arriving after months of badgering: fantastic 21oz denim, soft as you like, but a full inch-and-a-half too short. :rolleyes:

Monsoon

A-List Customer
And also, since JC made the patterns from DD's nylon jackets, how is the sizing working out on them? A couple of days ago in the MA-1 thread I was discussing with Charles how my size XXL BR MA-1 and L-2b (supposedly size 44) are perfect fits for my size 48 body.

I know that the BR L-2 series runs big. I wear a BR B-15C (mod) in 44 and an L-2 in 44 is a bit big on me.

I "think" JC is really known for his military repro's but I find the civi jackets to be just incredible. The man can build a damn half belt to the nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points