Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hair Tutorials thread

Tatum

Practically Family
That is a great method! I can't wait to try it, especially after Shebear's results! I'll have to add that one to the list on my blog :)

SheBear74

Practically Family
You're welcome about the link - I ran across it by accident while viewing some of the tutorials here. Really amazed at the results from such simple technique. Now what's this about castille soap for hair? Off to google...

I love castille soap! Kiss my face makes some and so does Dr. Bronners (sp?) I use just the soap and no conditioner. The soap is really runny so you only need a little bit. Sometimes I follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse, 2tbls of ACV in a cup then fill the cup with hot water from the shower and pour it over my hair after I shampoo. Rinse well, but don't worry you won't smell like a pickle lol

zombi

A-List Customer
^ Ladies, from where can I find such a hair band?? I have only been able to find ones that are much tighter, not so loose, and not so wide. I would like to have some like that one she uses in the video, both to wear and to try this! Any suggestion?

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Finding the Headbands

I got one of the headbands from CVS, the scunchi line. They are $1.49 each or 2 for $2, so I got 2 :)

Also, it looks exactly like hers, but in purple (at least that's what was available for me)

The display was on the endcap by the hair stuff.

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
I just tried the headband set, here is the back
247501_1393346210718_1744062716_671563_3157740_n.jpg
We'll see what it looks like down
in the morning. This was so easy!
260254_1393722540126_1744062716_671905_8332782_n.jpg

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I have been so intimidated by trying to do pin curls, etc., but I *think* I might be able to pull off the headband set.

Thanks for sharing!

SheBear74

Practically Family
I just set mine again, this time I really pulled it tight just to see the difference.

TheRedSquare

New in Town
I am new here but have been lurking for a couple weeks now. I am so excited to find this hairband tutorial. I think I will try this at my next wash. Thanks for all of the invaluable information ladies. :D

crwritt

One Too Many
I have to say that the headband set could turn out to be my default hair style. At the length I have., It just stays put so much better than a french braid or french twist, or any other kind of updo I've been struggling with.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Maybe now we need a separate thread just for the headband set.

Crwritt, I agree with you. It might do well as a sticky?

One question - to those who've tried this so far...Has anyone had problems with the headband sliding off/up on the crown of their head? I ask because I have the misfortune of an apparently odd-shaped head which prevents me from keeping stocking caps on properly. No matter what, they seem to try to climb off my head in an hour or so. I know I'm not alone in this either. (I wonder if I do this headband set, will I wake up with the band off my head and floating around freely in my scarf with a bunch of hair wrapped around it. Hah.)

SheBear74

Practically Family
Yep I have that problem because I have to set the band back on account of my bangs. Just slide some bobby pins in parallel on the underside of the band. I put two at the bottom and one on each side. I didn't discover this until last night lol but it did great holding the band in place. :D

crwritt

One Too Many
Crwritt, I agree with you. It might do well as a sticky?

One question - to those who've tried this so far...Has anyone had problems with the headband sliding off/up on the crown of their head? I ask because I have the misfortune of an apparently odd-shaped head which prevents me from keeping stocking caps on properly. No matter what, they seem to try to climb off my head in an hour or so. I know I'm not alone in this either. (I wonder if I do this headband set, will I wake up with the band off my head and floating around freely in my scarf with a bunch of hair wrapped around it. Hah.)
Mine ended up a bit back from my forehead. I used a couple of these
thumbnail.aspx
at the
side front to keep the band from moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points