Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hattery/Hats Direct

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
They say there are no "stupid" questions forgive me if this is the first. I took the plunge and bought a Federation IV from the Hattery on 1/9/16. It shipped that day and arrived in New York on the 14th..........pretty much end of story. Heres the question....Is this normal? I have purchased other things abroad and never experienced custom delays like this, I'm probably being a bit over anxious, but PAYPAL contacted me to remind me they where withdrawing the $$ from my account. Just curious thats pretty much it.

Duper

Practically Family
so your hat is in New York but held up in customs. I have had items sit in customs for a few weeks coming into Canada. That is not the norm for me, but it does happen. For sure it is frustrating.

Keep an eye on the tracking is all I can suggest.

,,,Mike in Canada

Knotten

Practically Family
I ordered one on the 18th. It hasn't made it to the states yet, but I'll be curious to see if the same thing happens to me.

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
Customs releases the item(s) after they are sure you are not importing for sales. My wife has stuff sent from her mother in Japan get stuck in there often. It takes from several days to weeks to receive them.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's exactly what happened to my Fed IV from The Hattery last month. It'll show up in a few days. The hard part is sitting around fuming that some custom official's brother-in-law is probably sauntering around a mall in Queens with your hat on his head.

Ugh, customs. Several years ago I ordered a resin statuette from a gentleman in Brazil. He shipped it immediately, and tracking showed it arrived somewhere in Florida one day later. Six weeks later he contacted me to inform me customs had returned it to him with no explanation, and had broken it into several small pieces. :mad: He sent a replacement, which arrived at my door in three days. o_O

The last hat I ordered from Hats Direct/The Hattery sat in a customs office somewhere in the Los Angeles area for four days, but was on our front porch six hours after they released it. :confused:

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Hmmm, well the hat showed up yesterday, WITHOUT anymore tracking updates available. Weird...... Anyhow, Wow GREAT HAT. I cannot believe all the more I paid for it, the quality. I am planning on making this my "go to ball cap" . I'll say one thing you guys are brutally honest in your reviews , this is some stiff felt, I'm planning on doing your basic Indiana Jones Raiders shaping using distilled water spritzing. Not a fanatic of the Indy thing, I just like how some of these FED IV's look shaped that way.

...Anyhow, Wow GREAT HAT. I cannot believe all the more I paid for it, the quality...
There might be "better" hats out there, but between Akubra's reputation for durability and the price I'm not sure you'll find a better deal for a mass-produced/retail fur felt hat.

...I'll say one thing you guys are brutally honest in your reviews , this is some stiff felt...
What, like we're going to start lying to you now? :D

...I'm planning on doing your basic Indiana Jones Raiders shaping using distilled water spritzing. Not a fanatic of the Indy thing, I just like how some of these FED IV's look shaped that way.
Be sure to post a photo or two after you've shaped it!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm, well the hat showed up yesterday, WITHOUT anymore tracking updates available. Weird...... Anyhow, Wow GREAT HAT. I cannot believe all the more I paid for it, the quality. I am planning on making this my "go to ball cap" . I'll say one thing you guys are brutally honest in your reviews , this is some stiff felt, I'm planning on doing your basic Indiana Jones Raiders shaping using distilled water spritzing. Not a fanatic of the Indy thing, I just like how some of these FED IV's look shaped that way.
STIFF!!!

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Well I spent a couple hours this past Saturday morning spritzing distilled water and shaping this "baby" pretty much the way I wanted it. Eventually some photos WILL filter their way here (I can't bring myself to pose for photos wearing my hats) I have to say it turned out pretty decent considering a 100% pure novice did the transformation!
The thing I find interesting about these "Indiana Jones" styled fedoras "WE" (me included), don't want to come across as if we "WANT" to achieve that look, but, WAY deep down inside we want to achieve THAT look !!! ;)

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Good afternoon all,
I'm having a very bad experience with The Hattery/ Hats Direct. Back on Christmas Eve I ordered a couple of FedIV's. The 26th I got an email stating that the hats had been shipped, then a day later received another email letting me know that due to a local holiday the package in fact did not get shipped. No big deal a day or two should not matter. So here I am on the 14th still waiting on my package. When checking the tracking # I see where the order was sent to New York and spent 4 days there. Then for some unknown reason the order gets sent to Toronto Canada. I notify Hats Direct and later that day they send me an email apologizing for the mistake that it has been corrected and I can expect my order on the 12th.
HERE WE ARE ON THE 14th and STILL NO DELIVERY!! I sent another email and their reply basically said "we are half way around the world you will have to be patient" And dealing with Australian Post is even worse!!
Question, for those of you who have ordered from these guys in the past how did your package finally arrive? USPS, UPS, FEDEX?
Getting really irritated:mad::mad:

DanO

One of the Regulars
Daddy0d0,
Let me know when you tire of those Feds I got your Stylemaster last year,LOL.
I ordered a BGG Stylemaster 1/2/17 received it 1/9/17, once the box hits the states the tracking number is trackable on USPS.
Good Luck

What color Feds did you get?
Dan O

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Daddy0d0,
Let me know when you tire of those Feds I got your Stylemaster last year,LOL.
I ordered a BGG Stylemaster 1/2/17 received it 1/9/17, once the box hits the states the tracking number is trackable on USPS.
Good Luck

What color Feds did you get?
Dan O
HI Dan, hope you are enjoying the Stylemaster! I purchased the Tawney and the Moonstone.

DanO

One of the Regulars
Let me know when you want to spin off the Moonstone LOL, I did pick up a Tawney Fed lV from another member here. Also enjoying the Acorn Stylemaster from you so much I picked one in black on ebay and the BGG one from the Hattery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana