Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The headless horseman

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Good title for someones Lounge ID there :)

Anyway, thats getting away from the question.
Why, when posting pics of jacket/coat fits etc, do the majority of subjects not include their heads or faces? Even if you had the worlds worst fitting jacket you are unlikely to meet up with other members and be embarrassed. If relevant I always include all of me in 'Action shots' and only detail pics miss out bits of me.
Just curious :)
Johnny Tee

DSC_0006_zps5tcg6rhm.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Don't know about others here are no pictures of me on line. I like it that way. I don't do facebook or any social media either. Also I suspect some don't want to be seen modeling clothing no matter how well it fits.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to just snap a pic and include my head/face but i think you get a better, close up shot of the actual jacket if more of the frame is taken up with the jacket...thus somethings gotta go lol plus I don't have to worry about weird facial expressions when I'm trying to hold the phone in a very unnatural position and press the button.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think the head and feet and standing far enough from the camera complete the proportion of the jacket, and also simulate what others see you in your jacket in real life.
very hard to judge proportion without head and feet, or if too close to the camera

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I could really care less if my head is in the shot or not but it does seem a little odd when folks crop them down to only show the jackets and jeans; I assume it's for security reason or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112