Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Lost World Jurassic Park

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I am going to try a few different hats from akubra, stetson, and some custom hats. But I think I will try to go with the akubra Lightning Ridge with a braide hat band. The Lightning ridge look like a deadringer for Tembo's. David Morgan
has it on his website.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
any suggestions on brim size, because it could also be a banjo patterson
who knows, it might not even be an akubra at all

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Honestly the block on the Coober Pedy looks more like Tembo's than any other I've seen. It has that tight, narrow crease, with the slight rise in the center. The Banjo Patterson has a more open C-crown block.

It also looks from Mike's screen grabs as though the brim has a bound edge, but I can't be certain. Tembo's brim does not seem to be quite as wide as the Coober Pedy, but that could just be a matter of perspective.

The Coober Pedy does come in Fawn, which matches Tembo's hat color pretty well, too.

Lastly, Mike you may need a few more screen grabs, uness you happen to know if there are vents on Tembo's hat? The Banjo Patterson is not vented, but the Coober Pedy is.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I'd go with the Banjo. From the screen captures, it doesn't look like the Tembo hat is vented.
cap050.jpg

cap048.jpg

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I know from watching the movie over and over again that the hat is not vented and does not have a boung brim, by the way i like the captures you have taken from the movies

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Mike, your screen caps are awesome! Are you using a Mac? There are dozens of screen caps I'd like to get, but every time I try some software, it never seems to work right. I've never dropped the cash for the software since the demos never work right.

Did you pull the liner out of your Riverina? If so, were you able to get it all out from under the vents? I think it is about time to pull mine, but I didn't want scraggly bits of the liner clinging to the vents.

Incidently, I just recently learned that Tembo means elephant in Kiswahili.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
Did you pull the liner out of your Riverina? If so, were you able to get it all out from under the vents? I think it is about time to pull mine, but I didn't want scraggly bits of the liner clinging to the vents.
Just finished doing a new bash, shrink job, and liner pull on the new Riverina.
So far so good. Just need a new pug now.

Erik White

New in Town
Here at the lounge I have seen posts about the first Jurassic park and the
third one. But I havent seen any about the second one. In the Lost World:
Jurassic Park 2 the character of Roland Tembo, a big game hunter, played by Pete Postlethwaite, wore the best safari hat I have ever seen. In fact along with Indiana Jones its what got me to start liking "hats" in the first place.
I've always wanted one just like it and have been searching for a long time.
Can anyone tell me anything about it?
Ive always thought it could be some sort of an akubra but i just dont know.

Like everything Roland is wearing in the movie, the hat was made by Willis & Geiger and was just called the safari hat. It originally cost $79, unless you wanted the version with the Zebra skin hat band, then it cost $99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana