Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ok, so there are clubs dedicated to Dobbs, Adams, Stetson, Borsalino and more...but there is not yet a club dedicated to Mallory hats.

Well. Even though I have only one Mallory yet (oh, it won't be the last!) I'll start this right off with my 'whippetseque' (here's a health to BobC! :D) Mallory Ten Pliafelt which I have come to love so much (as y'all might know by now).

And what's more, this is also a nice opportunity to ask the more experienced FL members for their opinion on the possible date of that hat...

Now c'mon and show off your Mallorys! :)

Mallory-Ten-Pliafelt.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oops...

Humph...I swear, I looked before I started this thread...must have been temporarily blinded...humph... :eek:

I just found out that there once was the MALLORY MADNESS thread, started by Douglas, which could have been resurrected, but the last post is from 2007 and a lot of the image links are broken... :deadhorse

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Great one indeed, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Is that a tan color?

I think there are not too many 'Dallas' around here, right? I believe that Gene has one as well (hint, hint!).

It's always good to have a fine hat like that to keep you warm when the world is so cold... ;)

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I bought this Mallory just recently. It is an OR clone but I couldn't find a style name anywhere in the hat. I'm guessing that it was made in the middle to late 'sixties. It appears to be from near the end of when Mallorys were just Mallorys and not "Mallorys by Stetson". It's still way to warm in N.C. to switch from straw to felt, so I haven't had chance to wear my new Mallory. I'll bet it'll get right much wear this coming autumn, though.

Picture088-1.jpg

AF

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Hey, nice one! What size is it? I nearly bid on a very similar looking blue Champ on the Bay, but in end I didn't. Mr. Paladin scored it instead. ;)

Do you have a liner photo of this one?

My Mallory is a size 7 5/8. I'm normally a bit timid when it comes to buying vintage hats in this size unless the hat is a long oval. I've learned that 7 3/4 often fits me better. But the Mallory fits me very nicely and required almost no fiddling and almost no steam.

Here's a shot of the lining. As I have mentioned in another thread, the font in the word "Mallory" in the hat's lining matches the font in mid-sixties Mallory advertisments that I've seen.

Picture087-1-1.jpg

AF

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
I think there are not too many 'Dallas' around here, right? I believe that Gene has one as well (hint, hint!).

Nope, you might be thinking of the Dobbs 'Westward' I recently picked up. Rusty's is a great lid and somewhat uncommon I'd think.

The only Mallory I have is this funny little modern ('70s - '90s??) one. I do like the mustard ochre color of it though:

DSC_0001-1.jpg

b855_1.jpg

b908_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko