Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Bought this Mallory a couple weeks ago from Teethadore in the classified here. Nice guy, and the hat is exactly as advertised. It's my first vintage, and now I understand what all the fuss is about. The felt is very light and thin, and just melts in your hand like butter. This will be a great summer hat when I get tired of my straw.

_DSC1465.jpg
_DSC1464.jpg
_DSC1466.jpg
_DSC1469.jpg
_DSC1470.jpg

Frank chops

New in Town
I sold Mallory hats in the 40's. Seeing that picture of the ad with the rabbit, reminded me of one of the sales pitches we used: Mallory's are made from Belgim hares. I recall one model that you could roll up put it your pocket and when you wanted to put back on, you just unrolled it, re-blocked it, and voi'la it looked like new.

65 Classic

Practically Family
Bought this Mallory a couple weeks ago from Teethadore in the classified here. Nice guy, and the hat is exactly as advertised. It's my first vintage, and now I understand what all the fuss is about. The felt is very light and thin, and just melts in your hand like butter. This will be a great summer hat when I get tired of my straw.

View attachment 48003 View attachment 48004 View attachment 48005 View attachment 48006 View attachment 48007

That Mallory melts beutifuly on you.

Frank chops

New in Town
I sold Mallory hats in the 40's. Seeing that picture of the ad with the rabbit, reminded me of one of the sales pitches we used: Mallory's are made from Belgim hares. I recall one model that you could roll up put it your pocket and when you wanted to put back on, you just unrolled it, re-blocked it, and voi'la it looked like new.

65 Classic

Practically Family
Thanks guys. When I first saw the hat, I started to have second thoughts. It had a deep center crease and was pinched front and back. It was a bit of a savage. I read about the Mallory on the Lounge and the rest is history. Thank God for the Lounge. This one is dedicated to the Fedora Lounge.

Frank chops

New in Town
Thanks guys. When I first saw the hat, I started to have second thoughts. It had a deep center crease and was pinched front and back. It was a bit of a savage. I read about the Mallory on the Lounge and the rest is history. Thank God for the Lounge. This one is dedicated to the Fedora Lounge.
l sold Mallory hats, that stitched brim is rare. Just the look of that fur felt compared with the wool felts they try to pass off now is a insult. When I watched the Mad Men show on T.V. And those stupid cheap hats they wore,
I would yell out : find some Mallory's or pop for a couple of Borsalinos. My wife would shake her head and say, Frank you need help.

buler

I'll Lock Up
I saw that one. It was tempting to get it because I've only seen a few Century's. My guess is that it's from 1923. A Century after Mallory started (1823). Just a guess though. Can't remember if I ever found a Century model ad.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
I don't think my theory holds up. I've reviewed the Mallory MADness thread and see a 1943 ad for a Century. Charlie, your hat has the tombstone shaped logo which I roughly have dated from 1929-1935 (in ads). So it kind of narrows your hat to 1929-1934.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana