Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Not a pre-Stetson, but an incredible piece of felt nevertheless. Surprisingly sweet, buttery, velvety felt.

i-c23WFP8-X2.jpg

i-SVCD7QC-X2.jpg

i-KSNN7pj-X2.jpg

i-mJVSNN2-X2.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Not a pre-Stetson, but an incredible piece of felt nevertheless. Surprisingly sweet, buttery, velvety felt.

i-c23WFP8-X2.jpg

i-SVCD7QC-X2.jpg

i-KSNN7pj-X2.jpg

i-mJVSNN2-X2.jpg
you say "not a pre Stetson" as if that is a bad thing ...
not sure why that takes on a negative meaning sometimes around here ... Mallory hats were awesome before the Stetson merger and stayed awesome long after the merger ... pretty much until hats themselves started to $#!* the bed .
this is a great piece Doug
... and every post merger Mallory I've owned ...late 40s to mid to late 50s has been absolutely fantastic
awesome hat my man .. and it looks great on you ... it's the Berrys as you say ... both figuratively and literally

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
you say "not a pre Stetson" as if that is a bad thing ...
not sure why that takes on a negative meaning sometimes around here ... Mallory hats were awesome before the Stetson merger and stayed awesome long after the merger ... pretty much until hats themselves started to $#!* the bed .
this is a great piece Doug
... and every post merger Mallory I've owned ...late 40s to mid to late 50s has been absolutely fantastic
awesome hat my man .. and it looks great on you ... it's the Berrys as you say ... both figuratively and literally
I'm certainly a Mallory newbie, thus my surprise when it turned out to be some of the best felt I own. And it fits extremely well, too. At the risk of making these more sought after and messing with my future auction efforts... Mallory is now officially on my radar! This thing is nearly pristine. A little smoker's odor and probably just thrown into a box or a hall closet, but otherwise it's notably excellent/perfect... almost too perfect, it begs to be cocked to the side like a Bogart lid would be, and worn with anything and everything.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The pre-merger hats are special, Ant. I know how you feel. I worry about them when wearing them out.....especially the light colored one's!

I wish I didn't feel that way but I undeniably do ... especially the light grey Premier one I have that is completely pristine ... I mean the liner is so bright white that I almost feel bad putting it on my head....hahahaha

I'm so in love with wearing them ... but the conflict that I feel with a possible finger print from some food grease ... or a bird dropping ... etc etc ... keeps me apprehensive ... I do wear them ... but gently

I wish I was as carefree with some of my more rare hats as I urge others to be with their hats ... :)

Can I interest you in one with some mothing? It might make you more comfortable... :)

I'd love one ... but I just scooped a sweet "New Slant" from some bozo around here ;)

40Cal

One Too Many
I wish I didn't feel that way but I undeniably do ... especially the light grey Premier one I have that is completely pristine ... I mean the liner is so bright white that I almost feel bad putting it on my head....hahahaha

I'm so in love with wearing them ... but the conflict that I feel with a possible finger print from some food grease ... or a bird dropping ... etc etc ... keeps me apprehensive ... I do wear them ... but gently

I wish I was as carefree with some of my more rare hats as I urge others to be with their hats ... :)

I'd love one ... but I just scooped a sweet "New Slant" from some bozo around here ;)

This one had a small dark cigarette burn looking stain on the front of the crown in pictures. I took a chance that it would come out....it did! With a little scrubbing. I'm with you on the liners. I have a couple hats that the liners looks factory fresh.... amazing that they survive all these years stain free!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This one had a small dark cigarette burn looking stain on the front of the crown in pictures. I took a chance that it would come out....it did! With a little scrubbing. I'm with you on the liners. I have a couple hats that the liners looks factory fresh.... amazing that they survive all these years stain free!
amazing !!!

so glad the stain came out ... so great when that happens

I got a hat pretty recently that showed no damage in the photos and none mentioned in the description ... when it came it had what looked like rust drops or something on the brim ... needless to say I was pissed !!!

I took a chance and hit it with the orange sponge and it wiped away like water on a granite counter top ... bliss

40Cal

One Too Many
can you imagine dropping a Hamilton today and getting something like that ?
I paid a little less than a Franklin for this one! Not a bad price in todays $$
Super Robert! A ten-spot for a hat back then meant some hat!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks , Jim! Oh to be able to time travel and do a little hat shopping!

40Cal

One Too Many
amazing !!!

so glad the stain came out ... so great when that happens

I got a hat pretty recently that showed no damage in the photos and none mentioned in the description ... when it came it had what looked like rust drops or something on the brim ... needless to say I was pissed !!!

I took a chance and hit it with the orange sponge and it wiped away like water on a granite counter top ... bliss
One of my "Flagships" had those orange spots on it. I think it's a form of mold? Foxxing they call it on old books. Came off the felt easily . Yours may have been something else though.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
One of my "Flagships" had those orange spots on it. I think it's a form of mold? Foxxing they call it on old books. Came off the felt easily . Yours may have been something else though.
sounds about right ... I say rust because that was the color

you know when something rusts and it rains and that rusty water drips on something ... the color that lands on your jacket or whatever ... that's what it looked like

it probably was this foxxing ... came off with the very top layer of dust from the nap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points