Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Man Purse Aka. THE MURSE YES or NO ?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Coming.
$_1-1-1.jpg
$_1-3-1.jpg
$_1-5.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not really a murse since I ordered this for my wife, I think it is interesting in this thread though.

A custom tote bag in Japanese selvage denim and Horween black leather - made by Dustin at Vermilyea Pelle. I think this is brilliant.

3e51e6cad74c9d9423be251d46af4b2a.jpg

Cheers!
David
That is sharp! Yes for a woman...HELL NO for a Man! I don't know a single male person on this earth that is "dainty" enough to want to carry a PURSE! Sorry just ain't happening....no kinda way. Briefcase yes...MURSE...NO!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
-30-, you might not have seen my post - the bag I posted, I bought for my wife, not for me.

I've not used a traditional looking briefcase since the 1980's and would have zero interest in doing so.

I have a Hartmann belt canvas bag I bought in 1990 and just replaced it in my daily routine with the leather Vermilyea Pelle bag. I think this one will outlive me.

Cheers!
David

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I agree, Ms Cynthia. That's why I had Dustin make me a real MAN bag in Horween leather a while back.

40cff48a242900b8e5597591cd1e33b6.jpg

I can't tell you how much I love this one. I use it every day.

Cheers!
David
That is nice for sure.

Not sure as it has been awhile but in some Countries in Europe, the men carry a purse..a clutch purse, they have a fancy name for it, can't recall but sorry it just makes me think of someone that is FAR more female then what a MAN should be. Now for the items some of you Men are now posting, do not look like a Woman's purse NOR what is in my opinion a MURSE! Oh my lord, who came up with the MURSE deal to being with? Sort of reminds me of someone a while back showcased (not here on the Lounge) a BRA for men! EWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Save me from passing out on that there PLEASE!

A carrier bag, something like what Scottrace carries, leather slim briefcase, lap top carrier, those items are all "manyly" enough to not look like your next step up is going to be wearing fish next stockings and a pink umbrella! Let us "gurls" carry the purses..you men be MEN! ( I know most of you are Men and some very decent Fellows at that)!!!!

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Some stunning bags here. This is mine for the weekend. Heavy canvas and leather. It's quite big and I can carry lot of stuff inside. It's clearly made after the Belstaff 556 colonial bag, a bag the brand doesn't make anymore since years (not in this way anyway).
View attachment 70089
View attachment 70090
There is a great example...looks nice, and does not make you look like you are wanting to be anything but a man! In fact, that reminds me of maybe James Bond getting ready to hit the road for a casual trip! NICE!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
@LuvMyMan: Thanks! No intention here to look a "Gilry girl"! And funny you mention James Bond 'cause this is exactly the bag Daniel Craig loves to sport around View attachment 70118
His one is the original Belstaff's bag, but it's really hard to find one today (and it cost a lot too). Will Smith had one in I am legend and Brad Pitt does the same in his travels.
View attachment 70119
So yes, I guess a man's bag. By the way I live in Europe, (Italy) but I can't figure out the clutch purse you said
I will have to do a google search on the proper name and spelling but Valice (and it was really carried by most men in Italy when we visited in the mid 1970's) I will check on it and come back to post the proper spelling and maybe a picture if I can find it for you.

Reactions: Alz

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Here is what I mean...they now call it a "wrist bag"...hohohoh!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-1100-DO...utch-Bag-Organizer-Wallet-Wrist-/401293145582

It seems this was being carried all over and most of them looked a lot more "fancy" then this looks...and they were not really very large in overall size, either. We visited all over Naples, all along the coast, and over into Cannes, France...up into Spain and Germany, Denmark...and then over to England...most everyone had one of these and most of them had no strap on them.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
@LuvMyMan: Thanks! No intention here to look a "Gilry girl"! And funny you mention James Bond 'cause this is exactly the bag Daniel Craig loves to sport around View attachment 70118
His one is the original Belstaff's bag, but it's really hard to find one today (and it cost a lot too). Will Smith had one in I am legend and Brad Pitt does the same in his travels.
View attachment 70119
So yes, I guess a man's bag. By the way I live in Europe, (Italy) but I can't figure out the clutch purse you said
I like the look you have when wearing it as well. It is a great look and functional too!

Reactions: Alz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points