Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Middy Thread

Lenore

Practically Family
Oh Sacred, it looks fan-freakin-tastic!!! I love it! Congratulations on the chop. I'm so thrilled it worked out for you. I'm envious. Now... I'm eyeing my scissors again despite my "I'm gonna grow it out, darn it!" exclamations.

TheSacredFemme

One of the Regulars
Oh Sacred, it looks fan-freakin-tastic!!! I love it! Congratulations on the chop. I'm so thrilled it worked out for you. I'm envious. Now... I'm eyeing my scissors again despite my "I'm gonna grow it out, darn it!" exclamations.
Oh, thank you! So, so happy! Part of that may be getting some awesome uni work back, but it may all be awesome hair day giddiness!

Do it!

Lenore

Practically Family
Note to self: Wine AFTER cutting.....

Just kidding. It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished style with my fancy schmancy new strawberry blonde streak. :)

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Finally went and had my Middy trimmed and decided on 7in (6 was just a tad short for me last time) and I am all swoony over my hair again. I posted a review on my blog of Wildilocks - the Melbourne hair salon I had it cut at - http://missfairchildscharmschool.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/miss_fairchild_after.jpg?w=642

miss_fairchild_after.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Catch me later this week/early next week. I've got so many Girl Scout shenanigans going on with cookie sales that I don't see me setting my hair until probably Sunday evening. Eep!

And on that note: anyone wanna buy some thin mints? ;)

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Tenuki, you rock!

I've been searching myself to repost. I plan on doing the chop again this weekend, but it always makes me feel better to glance over the tutorial before hand.

Thank you ever so.
Hey Lenore...did you cut your hair? How did it turn out? I am working up the courage to cut my own, so I'd love to see how yours turned out. No pressure ;

Lenore

Practically Family
Sooo.. Yeah, I'm not feeling the love today... for a variety of reasons.

1. Not overly keen on my streak with this hair cut, regardless of how much I love it when it's not set...
2. Didn't let my pin curls dry enough before I pulled them from the set.
3. Tried a new setting pattern which I'm not too fond of.

Regardless, as promised, here they are.

da96e810-1bcd-40b5-a4b8-4436ed6a12d9_zps7f753d23.jpg

d183c9bd-3500-4707-a50d-bcd8fcefb321_zps9936d269.jpg

JoesSweetheart

New in Town
So, I trimmed my hair to the tutorial and I must've done something for different this time. It just feels different somehow.

I tried a pin curl set. Epic fail. :/ Lasted an hour.

My hair is 6" at the longest point... im starting to wonder if I should go even shorter. My hair is so dang thick and straight, curling it is like taming a walrus. :/

So, I have a few questions:
Does lottabody make a significant difference in hold?
What size sponge rollers do ya'll normally use?
Is shorter (4"?) generally better when trying to recreate the classic 50's look?

Thanks, dolls!

lframe

One of the Regulars
I've been growing my hair and asked for a middy cut today. My girl, being oh so wise, told me until I was used to setting my hair multiple times a week and practicing to get it just so, would only shape my hair up. Have my work cut out for me ! And not to worry, I'll be texting her photos each time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112