Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The "Moonshiner" new Aero Style

willyto

One Too Many
Yes good question. I've also been doing the occasional search for any new moonshiner images. You'd have thought there'd be some out there by now!

I would definitely vote for a Moonshiner over the Seabiscuit, but it's probably at the top of my Aero wish list so I'm sort of biased. Depends what you want out of a jacket I guess. I love the idea of a cold weather moonshiner with maybe a Harris tweed or heavy cord lining; lancer front to keep the wind out with a cord backed collar... I digress.

Cheers

Furrowson

I can picture one in a shade of brown in either Goatskin or Vicenza leather. I already own a half belt in medium weight horsehide and I much prefer lighter weight jackets.

I can picture one in a shade of brown in either Goatskin or Vicenza leather. I already own a half belt in medium weight horsehide and I much prefer lighter weight jackets.
The buttons nearly require it be a lighter hide. I can't imagine a button front jacket in CXL being a good idea.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
7378314E-8E29-4DA4-88A6-D084D3CB6322.jpeg
I guess this one from the sales pages didn’t end up with a lounge member.. I was hoping to see a few fit pictures..
It was marked as a 44 but the measurements were pretty close for me.. I kind of regret not taking the chance

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
The buttons nearly require it be a lighter hide. I can't imagine a button front jacket in CXL being a good idea.

I'd definitely go with Vicenza on this one - but Aero's goat does look amazing - partly because of the buttons but it just suits the jacket for whatever reason. I have tried using buttons on a longer CXL jacket I tried on once and it was pretty ridiculous, but they were the futbol (right word?) buttons, i.e. the almost hemispherical ones and I think flat buttons would be a lot easier. Not something I'd want to live with though.

Sorry you missed your chance Boyo. There will be others.

I was so close to ordering this but feared the CXL would annihilate the buttons. The lighter hide is absolutely made for this jacket.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@ton, yeah, maybe it is a step into branching out? I don't know. There's no 'fit pics' on the Aero website so that has value.
When they launched the Blue Label range (IIRC) of jackets made with slightly mis-matched hides that were left over, I thought that was great because as you (I believe) pointed out, it was sustainable and ecological a great idea. The magazine seems to be contrary to that idea.

Given all that Ken has been through in the last few years, instead of fan service magazines, I'd fully support him taking himself to Tahiti for a couple of weeks with the money instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana