Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The morning after...Ow... my eyes...Hangover help.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Usually I'd head straight to work and push through the dry mouth slow brain feeling . . . oddly enough I was very much more focussed and made more money on those days. Few cups of hot chocolate and putting my feet on the desk.

After work I would sleep then head out again. Works best in States with laws allowing bars to serve till 4:00 and cabs at your beckon call.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Feraud said:
After a night of hard drinking what you need to bring you back to speed?

First....why do you ask? ;)

A designated driver or cab, as Matt suggests. Then, I need, not necessarily in this order:

1. A liberal dose of sleep
2. Aspirin (and, perhaps, a small dose of Alka-Seltzer)
3. Coffee
4. Quiet (and as little direct sunlight as possible)
5. An ice pack
6. Another drink that incorporates tomato juice and celery.

$ally

One Too Many
When I do drink, I usually stop at one. Great way to avoid the morning after all together.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I've had a shocker today and used my usual post drinkies recovery programme:

I've drunk about 20 litres of tea and had a good old fashioned fry up for breakfast which helped wonders.

Still don't feel too, too flash though which means I'll have to pull out the big guns and have a bloody hot curry, that always sorts it out.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Before you go to sleep (or pass out entirely!), drink a tall glass of cool water with a couple of aspirin. When you wake in the morning, get yourself something very fatty. A dozen boston cream donuts works. As does a burger king whopper and fries. The fat molecules hit the bloodstream and help process the alcohol faster for some reason ... or so says the chemistry prof at the nearby college (as we were drinking irish whiskeys at the cigar bar).

Another thing that helps? Make sure to drink low-sugar cocktails that night. Southern Comfort and Schnapps (et al) are high in sugar and cause major hangover headaches.

Richard

Jay

Practically Family
First thing: A tall glass of water and a few aspirin.
Second thing: Greasy diner food-usually a nice ham and cheese omelet and a few cups of coffee.

Generally does the trick. If it's really one of those days, substitute a bottle of gatorade for the water.

The things you learn in college...

Vitamin B complex

A lot of people swear by taking a vitamin B complex at night it helps with the hangover offset. If you have ever drank unfiltered beer or Hefe-Wiezen (With yeast wheat beer) you may find the yeast (which is high in V-B) helps offset the hangover too.

Sugary drinks are notoroius for hangovers, but is may also be that for the un-initiated sugary drinks are easy to overindulge in to begin with!

I like to knock back a Gaterade or Powerade at night and have another in the morning to help. Sometimes a meal with protien has helped, although some times any eating can be an invite to talk to the 'bowl instead.:eek:

I do not like to do the "hair of the Dog" as it is increadably painful to me.

As one gets older, hangovers do not have the glamor they once held.

I also find that thru the course of the year, there are times I am more sesceptable to getting drunk faster and getting hungover faster than other times and that is an aside to say empty stomach or emotional state.

$ally

One Too Many
nag alert

The morning after headache is mostly from dehydration, so have an equal amount of real water per devil water while over indulging.
-OR- just control yourself and stop at one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points