Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The next phase of Indiana Jones worship...

LordBest

Practically Family
...is cake:

http://www.clevercakestudio.com/2008/11/22/

3051446534_ea422e3e65.jpg

So we now have the patron saint of archaeology, St Indiana of the Archaeologists* with his own cake.

3051446586_0de379bbcc.jpg

*this is what the Archaeology faculty of my university call him.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
But what happens to the cake when you take the statue off and the weight isn't distributed evenly? Does it blow up? Does the ground underneath you give way? Do the walls start to move? :D :D :D

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
AmateisGal said:
But what happens to the cake when you take the statue off and the weight isn't distributed evenly? Does it blow up? Does the ground underneath you give way? Do the walls start to move? :D :D :D

The cake spoils! lol

LordBest

Practically Family
AmateisGal said:
All of the above. Then the marzipan figurehead is stolen by an unscrupulous rival chef and taken to Marrakech, and the hero chef is forced to outrun a tribe of hostile Central American bakers. He then finds himself on a quest to find the Lost Ark of the Fondant, containing the first Battenberg cake that was given to Moses by God on top of Mt Sinai. It ends with the bad guys being dissolved by the power of Fondant for blaspheming against it by using CoolWhip instead of real cream. The Ark is then given to 'top men' to study, by which we assume they mean Gordon Ramsey.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
LordBest said:
All of the above. Then the marzipan figurehead is stolen by an unscrupulous rival chef and taken to Marrakech, and the hero chef is forced to outrun a tribe of hostile Central American bakers. He then finds himself on a quest to find the Lost Ark of the Fondant, containing the first Battenberg cake that was given to Moses by God on top of Mt Sinai. It ends with the bad guys being dissolved by the power of Fondant for blaspheming against it by using CoolWhip instead of real cream. The Ark is then given to 'top men' to study, by which we assume they mean Gordon Ramsey.

lol lol lol

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
LordBest said:

You cheeky, clever sod, you! lol lol :eusa_clap

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I theorise that removal of the idol would cause a Malteaser chocolate malt-ball of gigantic proportions to come rolling towards you...

...a singularly delightful way to die...

That is an awesome cake! How about another one shaped like the lost ark of the covennant?

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
The "Instructables" website has a tutorial for making a 'monkey brain' cake similar to the 'chilled monkey brains' in the Temple of Doom.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Monkey-Brain-Cake/

My girlfriend told me she looked into making this cake for my birthday, but the ingredients alone would have cost over $100... it would have been awesome, but I was happy with a plain triple chocolate cake. An idol pedestal cake would be cool too.

-Allen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points