Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noble Schoble

buler

I'll Lock Up
Another Schoble derby made for a Milwaukee company. This time the Hurley-Reilly Co started in 1898. Very flat brim curl. Interesting sweat bow.

B

schoble_derby_2.jpg

schoble_derby_3.jpg

schoble_derby_4.jpg

schoble_derby_5.jpg

schoble_derby_6.jpg

schoble_derby_7.jpg

schoble_derby_1.jpg

reilly.JPG

Very cool! Wonder what the speed rating was for 1911. A Bugatti could do about 60mph at that time. A Model T somewhat less, I think.

Kevlar

New in Town
City of Origin for Schobel Hat Company?

I am confused: I just bought a Schoble hat. In the liner, it says Fifth Avenue New York Since 1886. And yet while doing researrch on the hat I read that the company was started in Philadelphia in 1886 (and closed in 1960).

What's the correct answer? (It is a great fur felt fedora that looks like the love child created by an Indy hat and the fourth Dr. Who hat.)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Hat manufacturers and their brands often had some sort of retail presence on Fifth Avenue for the cachet. This was reflected on the hat's markings, but very few manufacturers ever MADE hats on Fifth Avenue. One exception is that Crofut & Knapp operated a women's hat factory on the second floor of their 620 Fifth Avenue shop and office building during the 1920s.

The major Factories were located elsewhere in NYC, Brooklyn, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Connecticut.

Brad

buler

I'll Lock Up
Kevlar, most info on the Schoble company is in this dedicated thread: -> Noble Schoble

Please update the thread title with the correct spelling of Schoble. It will help in future searches. Thanks.

B

Here is a very tardy entry. Realized yesterday that this little beaut hadn't been posted appropriately in this thread. My Schoble...
DSC01753.jpg DSC01755.jpg DSC01756.jpg DSC01757.jpg DSC01759.jpg DSC01742.jpg DSC01745.jpg DSC01746.jpg DSC01750.jpg DSC01752.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto