Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Nomonhan Incident / Battle of Khalkhin Gol (1939)

m0nk

One Too Many
I never knew about this and can't imagine how most historical outlines missed such a massive piece of the WWII puzzle. Great post!

Arcturus

New in Town
Another conflict which is not widely known.
The Winter War (Finnish: talvisota, Swedish: vinterkriget, Russian: Зимняя война, tr. Zimnyaya voyna)[25] was a military conflict between the Soviet Union and Finland. The conflict began with a Soviet offensive on 30 November 1939—two months after the start of World War II and the Soviet invasion of Poland—ending on 13 March 1940 with the Moscow Peace Treaty. The League of Nations deemed the attack illegal and expelled the Soviet Union from the League on 14 December 1939.
Wikipedia

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Col. Tsuji comes up in a lot of places. His policies in the Philippines pretty much got General Homma executed after the war. He started the war as a Colonel and ended it as one, which would be odd in any other armed service given his influence.

http://www.warbirdforum.com/tsuji.htm

later

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Thanks I have never heard about this before. Tsuji seems to have been one of those psycopaths that, like cockroaches, could survive a nuclear holocaust.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto