Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
Bad day at the office.
01114ddf-dba9-4438-83be-6029878fc7dd.png

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The Gadget was the first atomic bomb ever made and was tested at Trinity Site, New Mexico, near Alamogordo on July 16th, 1945. It was the first detonation in the Manhattan Project.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_RP065.jpg

This isn’t a prop, but a real gun that used to be commonly used in commercial waterfowl hunting. They were called “punt guns,” because they were used in a kind of boat called a “punt.” The guns fired almost a pound of shot, and could kill fifty birds in one shot. Unsurprisingly, they were outlawed when they devastated wild bird populations.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_10_punt_gun.jpg

testing a football helmet 1912

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_rare026.jpg

This photo was taken during the Civil War. it shows Union prisoners getting rations at Fort Sumter in 1864.

i_imgur_com_9_Ngfqm_Q.jpg

Two women shown delivering ice in 1918.

i_imgur_com_JFa_JKBN_1.jpg

Disney brothers and their wives and mother gather on the day they opened their studio in 1923. The Walt Disney Company started in 1923 in the rear of a small office occupied by Holly-Vermont Realty in Los Angeles. It was there that Walt Disney, and his brother Roy, produced a series of short live-action/animated films collectively called the ALICE COMEDIES.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_RP005.gif

Established as a national forest in 1909, Superior is located in far northern Minnesota. Here, loggers are setting up camp.

050.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The Gadget was the first atomic bomb ever made and was tested at Trinity Site, New Mexico, near Alamogordo on July 16th, 1945. It was the first detonation in the Manhattan Project.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_RP065.jpg

This isn’t a prop, but a real gun that used to be commonly used in commercial waterfowl hunting. They were called “punt guns,” because they were used in a kind of boat called a “punt.” The guns fired almost a pound of shot, and could kill fifty birds in one shot. Unsurprisingly, they were outlawed when they devastated wild bird populations.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_10_punt_gun.jpg

testing a football helmet 1912

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_rare026.jpg

This photo was taken during the Civil War. it shows Union prisoners getting rations at Fort Sumter in 1864.

i_imgur_com_9_Ngfqm_Q.jpg

Two women shown delivering ice in 1918.

i_imgur_com_JFa_JKBN_1.jpg

Disney brothers and their wives and mother gather on the day they opened their studio in 1923. The Walt Disney Company started in 1923 in the rear of a small office occupied by Holly-Vermont Realty in Los Angeles. It was there that Walt Disney, and his brother Roy, produced a series of short live-action/animated films collectively called the ALICE COMEDIES.

WP_dailysanctuary_com_2015_03_RP005.gif

Established as a national forest in 1909, Superior is located in far northern Minnesota. Here, loggers are setting up camp.

050.jpg
Mixmaster Moon.

The agricultural colleges found innovative ways to get their research and knowledge out to the farmers in rural America. In 1914, Oregon Agricultural College and the newly formed OAC Extension Service put together a "demonstration train" and toured the state, promoting the latest in farming. This group, as they left Corvallis sported a variety of hats of the early teens. The third guy from the left is wearing a fedora much like we see in later decades. Also a good illustration of brim variations...
29267644252_41893cc1b9_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk