Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Stetson 25 Thread

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is my third 25
5a5717cb.jpg

KGrHqVjEE6fy1WCF0BOv23sryl60_3.jpg

KGrHqFg8E6ZfyIOPhBOv23WB48w60_3.jpg

4605a260.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! It looks like you have three different vintages of Twenty-Fives. How would you say they're different?
The one with the gold logo (middle in the last photo) has the best feeling felt but is in the worst condition. The tan one (right) is very nice all-around and in very good shape (it's leaving in the mail today to a lounger). The one on the left is the most recent I think and looks never worn. The felt on the crown is very soft and maleable while the brim is quite stiff. I haven't checked but it may also have a wider brim.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for that comparison! it sounds like the old, familiar story then: at a given (original) price point, older Stetsons have nicer felt.
No problem. In general that has been my experience but not always - I think it really depends on the condition of the older hats. I have had some that were "petrified" that I'm sure were beautifully soft felt in the day.
Here's another shot of the silverbelly later model 25. It's like they used different felt on the brim than on the crown. The crown is amazing and the brim is like cardboard. They must have really piled on the shellac on the brim.
d8898178.jpg

Secondhandlion96

New in Town
New to the FL. Please excuse me if this has been answered. I have been reading about the Stetson 25 and am about to purchase my 1st fedora. Could anyone tell me what was the last year that the Stetson 25 Corral was manufactured?

fedoracentric

Banned
New to the FL. Please excuse me if this has been answered. I have been reading about the Stetson 25 and am about to purchase my 1st fedora. Could anyone tell me what was the last year that the Stetson 25 Corral was manufactured?

Well, the good ones they stopped making in the late 60s.... then again, they stopped make every Stetson in the late 60s! LOL (They fully closed the original manufacturing plant by 1970 and sold the name. The people who make Stetsons now are not the original family.)

In my opinion the best 25 were from the late 40s and early 50s. But some of the late 50s and 60s ones are fine hats, for sure.

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a find, Roger! Does it fit?

Unfortunately not.It's waaaaaayyyy too big for me.
I had no idea he had it. It's so odd because everyone I am around him I have a hat on my head and he's never mentioned it. I think it's because he is from an era where hats weren't uncommon and it never crossed his mind that I would find it interesting.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Unfortunately not.It's waaaaaayyyy too big for me.
I had no idea he had it. It's so odd because everyone I am around him I have a hat on my head and he's never mentioned it. I think it's because he is from an era where hats weren't uncommon and it never crossed his mind that I would find it interesting.

You did let him know that you could sell it with ease for him, right? :) And where there was one hat, were there others?

A

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
This thread needs a bump - don't know if I should also post this in the Open Road thread as this seems to be one in everything but name....advice please?
Stetson 25 in what I would describe as a sage green colour - don't know what Stetson called it. Was in a disappointing state, but I cleaned the felt and the stained liner and it has all come up remarkably well and I am really pleased with it. The felt is excellent and brim still snaps up or down. I haven't changed the cattleman crease, but the wide brim does not suit me, nor would it with a fedora crease so unfortunately it will be up for sale.
Owners initials JSS stamped in gold on the sweatband but there is no printing on the label under the sweatband. I assume it is probably 60's to 70's but I would welcome the far greater knowledge of you Stetsonophiles.

I'll take this opportunity to express my Seasonal Greetings from England to all you Loungers and to wish you happy hat hunting for 2016.
Chris.

IMGA0088.JPG

IMGA0099.JPG

IMGA0089.JPG

IMGA0090.JPG

IMGA0091.JPG

IMGA0093.JPG

Attachments

• IMGA0092.JPG
    IMGA0092.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 420

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Might as well add to the thread. It could use more love.
Here is an early 60's model that I got a few months ago. Stingy brim, felted edge, transitional tag. Awesome hand to the felt, almost a velvety feel.

dc7e97b7b636593ed965a8dcb29c53a9.jpg
ca151a3cccfdc2d4d5d43efd767856ed.jpg
04324bb352fa57f50bab8e592c7e418b.jpg
2e500cf49398e042979eacf3f8bc47e4.jpg
bd011e9a671f5767d6a9097ec7a53852.jpg

Makes me want another every time I wear it. Might just ave to get it soe company! :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points