Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Mathew Crow

New in Town
B9D5175A-72BD-4189-85FA-7E269BB4B718.jpeg
Just joined the OR club with this beautiful “brown mix” from Cavender’s. Got an amazing deal on it. I was expecting to pay full retail but turned out it was 20$ + 20% off at the time. Haven’t seen this medium brown almost light milk chocolate color anywhere but there. They had only one and it was my size so I took it as a sign. I’ve been wearing it every day on vacation. My only complaint is that now I kind of want one in the classic silver belly too! Oh boy, here we go...

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 110730 Just joined the OR club with this beautiful “brown mix” from Cavender’s. Got an amazing deal on it. I was expecting to pay full retail but turned out it was 20$ + 20% off at the time. Haven’t seen this medium brown almost light milk chocolate color anywhere but there. They had only one and it was my size so I took it as a sign. I’ve been wearing it every day on vacation. My only complaint is that now I kind of want one in the classic silver belly too! Oh boy, here we go...
You're a goner for sure! It looks good on you!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 110730 Just joined the OR club with this beautiful “brown mix” from Cavender’s. Got an amazing deal on it. I was expecting to pay full retail but turned out it was 20$ + 20% off at the time. Haven’t seen this medium brown almost light milk chocolate color anywhere but there. They had only one and it was my size so I took it as a sign. I’ve been wearing it every day on vacation. My only complaint is that now I kind of want one in the classic silver belly too! Oh boy, here we go...
Welcome Mathew. You'll love it here.

RJR

Nice color and look,welcome to the Lounge.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
It wears great. The brim was apparently cut down to 2-1/2" and the front pinch is right at 4-1/4", so maybe more like a Stratoliner as it sits? Either way, it's a beautiful hat and my plans to have a Strat clone made by a custom hatter can be put to other schemes.

i-Vkm6vrm-XL.jpg
Cut down and still has modest proportions, can't beat that!

I'll leave that to you experts. Black pre-metric size tag, plastic protector on liner, don't recall if there are any reorder tags behind sweat.

Mostly intrigued by the "Twenty-five" sweat designation, which looks different from the round 50s designator and the stylized early 60s one I have (with the stars logo like on the liner).

Late 60s, maybe, but still a "real" Stetson.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I've looked pretty heavily, but I haven't seen one like this around either the Lounge or on the net. Any ideas? The felt is very fine, with nearly a 7x-type clay quality.

There is no liner, and the hatband has more or less disintegrated in the two weeks I've had the hat.

Attachments

• 20180320_083808.jpg
    20180320_083808.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20180320_100134.jpg
    20180320_100134.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 167
I've looked pretty heavily, but I haven't seen one like this around either the Lounge or on the net. Any ideas? The felt is very fine, with nearly a 7x-type clay quality.

There is no liner, and the hatband has more or less disintegrated in the two weeks I've had the hat.
Here is you answer......1937....the brown hat. This was Stetsons firs use of the name before they changed it over to another model they renamed. That is cool you found the 30's example.....
M
15229790213071447363407.jpg

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Wow that was fast! I picked it up in a Mexico City flea market. No liner, no re-order tags, just the disintegrating band. I've looked far and wide for how to save the band, but there appears to be little hope. The hat itself is pretty fine....

Thanks for the help, I haven't seen this crest anywhere to make a match. It drove me crazy enough that I finally logged into the forum :)

Here is you answer......1937....the brown hat. This was Stetsons firs use of the name before they changed it over to another model they renamed. That is cool you found the 30's example.....
M

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up

all i have to say is, I'm in love. I've been wanting to see a first gen OR. just amazing

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up

What you have is a hat that was a reject, they put a hot gold foil stamp over the RD and open road just to cover it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana