Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Polar Express

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Took my boy to see the "Polar Express" today.

It was flat. Not a terrible movie, but it had very little story line. The premise of the movie is basically this: Little boy doesn't believe in Santa and on Christmas Eve he is awakened to a magical train that takes him to the North Pole. The conductor is Tom Hanks (aka in animation) and there are other children, the engineer, the fireman, and the hobo "ghost" on top of the train.

They arrive at the North Pole after several roller coaster and great graphic adventures.

Then, at the North Pole, they experience some "mini" adventures.

The premise, the little boy receives a gift, the first one for Christmas, and it is a bell from Santa's sleigh.

Then, the moral: BELIEVE.

Very weak plot, mild story line. Excellent graphics and voices.

End Result? It won't be a Christmas Classic for time ever after, but it is worth the price of admission with the kids.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Don't be to put off by the movie. My 7yo read the book and loved it but was only ok about the movie in general.

He did get a chance to see it on an IMAX screen, which is supposedly the best way to see it.

Dalexs

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Keep in mind, the movie is based off of a picture book with breathtaking illustrations...from movie previews, it seems they may have put alot of time and energy into recreating the mood/feel of the book's illustrations, and I'm sure they had to take quite a bit artistic liberty to add details in the movie that aren't in the book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points