Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Prototype "MD1" - Matt Deckard Apparel Fedora!

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
That looks spectacular!:eusa_clap Good luck with the ribbon searching. Can you diverge measurements or is it top secret?

Defiantly want to get one when they come out!

I'm diggin' the lid in the second shot, the one that's shown atop your noggin.

Would it be disclosing too much to tell, if not who will be making the hats, at least what type of felt you'll be using, and the price point(s) you're aiming for?

Torpedo

One Too Many
Looking good, looking good. :)

I prefer the second so far, although the first with the thinner ribbon would probably be a serious contender once you take better photos.

I do not know if you can disclose anything at this stage... I hope at least something. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
l_81c5d8cff29c45df86da7b8e742c5cf3.jpg

Nice proportions on this one, Matt. I like the color and the coordinated ribbon and binding.

I'd love to see this in a rust colored felt as well. Just dreaming. :)

Feraud

Bartender
jazzncocktails said:
That second photo looks fantastic, Matt--glad to see a bound brim. I second Fletch's suggestion; a silverbelly or similarly light color (a pearl gray, perhaps?) will be very popular...
The pearl gray is a good suggestion.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nicely done Matt. The The open crown is a big plus for those who like to hand shape their hats themselves. 5-1/2" crown and 2-3/8" brim seems right. I agree that light gray would be very popular. Will you have a silk rayon liner?

Edward

Bartender
Matt, the hats in those photos look beautiful. I've had my eye on one of your suits fo some time; the hat is likely to be more doable fo the foeseeable, given geography. Personally, I'd love to see one of those in a light grey with a copper-toned ribbon and matching brim binding. One thing I would really suggest as a big p-lus would be a liner in a dark shaade - scarlet would be great, black fine - as I find the white liners of my Akubras quickly pick up sweat stains from my shaven cranium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk