Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Prototype "MD1" - Matt Deckard Apparel Fedora!

Moving forward a glacial speed!

As you may know Matt is a stickler for the details.

With the fact that it carries his reputation, he has had to shepherd this project thru with gentle corrections at nearly every step of the way.

He has informed me that we are waiting on a single, final detail for the hats to be complete and as a total package, things are not far off at all!

I have been tantalized to near breaking as the hat is nearly in my grasp.

Lucky for me I have gained some patience as an adult.:eek:

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
The MD1

Mine came in this week. The felt is nice and plush. The sweat is brown and buttery. The felt is gray with some brown and some green depending on the light. I really like the ribbon choices on the binding and hat band - very tasteful. The crown is tall, very straight, and takes a diamond wonderfully. Here are some pics:

100_0313.JPG

100_0315.JPG

and an off center shot of the hand creased diamond put in by Matt, Basically I took the camera and just held it over my head

100_0316.JPG

I'll leave it to those with good macro lenses to give the inside its due.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Grey hats WITHOUT a black ribbon?! They'll never sell!!! lol

How many of those "gentle corrections" Matt had to take care of had to do with hats coming back from the shop with a black ribbon every time he asked for grey?

Some things that used to be style choices are now set in stone.
You can roll the stones if you're strong and tenacious, but they tend to roll back.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if it's been discussed before -- perhaps I just missed it -- but I'm disappointed to see that Matt's fedora is offered in sizes no larger than 7 3/8.

I dearly hope that's a typo or that larger sizes will be coming soon. There are a great many of us with heads larger (some MUCH larger) than 7 3/8.

Additional colors, too, are avidly anticipated, of course.

Mulceber

Practically Family
skyvue said:
I don't know if it's been discussed before -- perhaps I just missed it -- but I'm disappointed to see that Matt's fedora is offered in sizes no larger than 7 3/8.

I dearly hope that's a typo or that larger sizes will be coming soon. There are a great many of us with heads larger (some MUCH larger) than 7 3/8.

Additional colors, too, are avidly anticipated, of course.

agreed on all counts. -M

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
skyvue said:

I was carrying up to 7 1/2 yet those sold off and were sent out, so when I updated the website I put up 7 3/8 as the largest available. Next run I'll make sure to do more of the larger sizes.

Matt, would you consider the MD-1 as a Limited Edition?

As I understand the MD-1 (so far) is a limited initial run for this style and color combination. You were talking about another color combination as the next step, so it seems that each run will pretty much be a stand alone Limited Edition. With that in mind, maybe the best thing is, once the next one is nailed down to: spell out the details, post some pix and take pre-orders which would be most beneficial for those that need larger sizes which tend to be hard to come by in vintage.

Just a thought.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Mine came in Saturday, Whoo Hoo......

The sun was just setting so please excuse some shadows as I wanted to get some quick pics before next week, which looks cloudy and blustery....

So these aren't the best pics but here they are...

The hat is great, soft felt, holds a bash great, and looks great also IMHO.....

If there are going to more models and colors, I don't know if my wallet could stand it.... I might even have to build another closet if they are as good as this hat......

sdhcsn.jpg

2n1hso5.jpg

6sdjb7.jpg

mjxc5.jpg

33mms0h.jpg

i4ojlt.jpg

15f5ddt.jpg

21e69u8.jpg

Duper

Practically Family
marvelgoose and Ordinary Guy, It looks like you have both made a fine selection. I like how we get to see the hat modelled in both casual and more formal attire. It must feel good to get in early on the "Original".

Question, did you both find the hat true to size?

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Duper said:
Question, did you both find the hat true to size?

It fit perfectly. and I was one of the lucky ones to snag a 7 1/2. I am glad to hear that Matt is selling lots of them. The more he sells the better the chance of getting another color. I'd love a nice mid brown myself.

Edward

Bartender
Great looking hats! I don't think I could justify the grey one, given my current collection, but I could be tempted if Matt plumps for somthing in a tan colour at a later stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points