Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

TPD166

One Too Many
I bought a vintage Resistol western a while back because I liked the color & tall crown. I changed it to a diamond crease, but it didn't really work for me - plus it was a 7-3/8 & I had to keep a stretcher in it.

So I listed it in the classifieds & ebay - no takers. I next decided I would re-block & re-shape it last weekend. After adding a new band, it's no longer for sale!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well digging deep to bring this to the top

Resistol 20X Beaver Brown Gold
20151030browngold02.jpg

20151030browngold03.jpg

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Very much enjoy reading about Resistols and have learned much. The first hat I ever received as a gift was in 1981 and it was a "self-conforming" Resistol fedora made for Eddie Bauer, with a pheasant feather. I still own it and carries much sentimental value. It set me on a path for other hats.

Eddie no longer carries this model.

Would any one at the Lounge be familiar with this hat, the felt, etc. ? I have searched everywhere for some background with no luck.

Am trying to upload a photo but with no success so far.

Thanks to all and best regards,
Joe

sasto1967

New in Town
New to the Lounge. I have enjoyed reading the collective wisdom of the group and have already learned so much about the history and care of hats.

I picked up a Resistol Ridgetop felt hat the other day and have not been able to find anything that would help me date it or learn much of anything else about it. It has an interesting shape and is in pretty nice condition but for the dust. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide about the hat.

IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2050.JPG
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
New to the Lounge. I have enjoyed reading the collective wisdom of the group and have already learned so much about the history and care of hats.

I picked up a Resistol Ridgetop felt hat the other day and have not been able to find anything that would help me date it or learn much of anything else about it. It has an interesting shape and is in pretty nice condition but for the dust. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide about the hat.
It's hard to tell because Resistol had a lot of model names. If that is the original box, I believe it doesn't have more than 20-25 years. Have you found a paper ticket behind the sweatband?

sasto1967

New in Town
It's hard to tell because Resistol had a lot of model names. If that is the original box, I believe it doesn't have more than 20-25 years. Have you found a paper ticket behind the sweatband?

Not much to go on from the tag. Here is the only thing on the inside:

IMG_2053.JPG

Socially Distorted

New in Town
Hey guys, I picked up my first ever Resistol this week. It's a German made kitten finish stingy in charcoal sporting a 1 7/8 inch brim and a 5 inch crown that I managed to pick up for £10. Anyone got an accurate date for the hat? I'm guessing 1960's but could it be late 50's?
SD
WP_20151120_09_29_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_29_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_09_30_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20151120_10_24_31_Pro.jpg

You might post a quick question over in German/Austrian Hutmachers, as well. It looks like it was made under license in Germany (or maybe just sold under license). What marking is on the sweat opposite the Resistol logo?

My first thought, though, is 60s, post Hatco purchase.

Either way, nice hat.

Socially Distorted

New in Town
Thanks guys. The retailer (Otto Fock) is opposite the resistol branding. The ticket under the sweat confirms the hat was made in Germany under license.

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Very much enjoy reading about Resistols and have learned much. The first hat I ever received as a gift was in 1981 and it was a "self-conforming" Resistol fedora made for Eddie Bauer, with a pheasant feather. I still own it and carries much sentimental value. It set me on a path for other hats.

Eddie no longer carries this model.

Would any one at the Lounge be familiar with this hat, the felt, etc. ? I have searched everywhere for some background with no luck.
image.jpeg

wasvable to upload a photo; any info on this style of Resistol from Eddie Bauer? Uncertain of the felt but it is from the early 1980s and has held up well. Thanks again.

Thanks to all and best regards,
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21